First and foremost, we want to remind everyone just how important summertime is for our general health. Not only does the nicer weather and daily dose of Vitamin D boost spirits, but the nice weather naturally encourages people to walk, swim, hike, garden and bike, increasing exercise unintentionally! Here are some of our seniors favorite ways to have fun all summer long:
- Soak in some rays at the beach
- Try indoor or outdoor swimming and aquatics classes for seniors
- Gather friends and family for a fun picnic in the park
- Attend a local farmers market, fair or neighborhood event
- Take in an outdoor movie in a park
- Learn Tai Chi or Yoga, often offered outdoors all summer long
- Go berry picking with friends
- Take the grandkids for ice cream (and indulge yourself!)
- Go birdwatching
- Finally, do nothing! Just relax beneath the warm wind and enjoy ????
Before you head out for your outdoor summertime adventure, remember to do so safely. Wear a sunhat and loose clothing, use sunscreen regularly and stay hydrated to ensure that you can keep having outdoor fun all summer long.
Carefor Retirement Living
Affordable retirement living
Retirement living you deserve
Dementia care for Mom