Posting Date: June 7, 2023
The Opportunity – Personal Support Worker, Pembroke Civic Complex
The Personal/Home Support Worker provides personal support and homemaking services to individuals. Care is provided within the framework of policies, procedures, standards and quality & risk management. Collaborates with members of the health care team in meeting the needs of individuals to attain an optimal level of independence and well being.
What You Will Do:
- Carry out the duties of a personal support worker.
- Provide care according to the Resident Care Plan or Individual Behavior Plan.
- Assist with bathing and other personal care
- Assistance with dietary duties such as dishes, setting up dining room, clearing tables, serving, as directed
- Medication assistance
- Complete delegated tasks such as glucometer readings, weights, application of ointments.
- Complete documentation according to established practices
- Other duties as required
- PSW/DSW Certificate/Diploma
- Food Safety and Handling Certificate
- CPR Certified
- Experience working with seniors and/or adults who have dementia, mental illnesses, and developmental disabilities
- CPI certified an asset
What We Have to Offer You
- Competitive base salary
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Work life balance
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development opportunities
- A collaborative team culture that supports making a difference in the lives of our clients
Carefor is Eastern Ontario’s largest home care and community support services not-for-profit with over 1,600 employees operating in Eastern Counties, Ottawa, and Pembroke-Renfrew County. Formerly the Victorian Order of Nurses, Carefor has been providing service in Ottawa for over 123 years.
Carefor will only provide employment to those who can provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to Human Rights exemption.
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please let us know in your application if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.