Posting Date: February 7, 2023
The Opportunity: Registered Practical Nurse, Temporary
Carefor Health & Community Services is in search of a Registered Practical Nurse at Richmond Care Home, which is a unique retirement residence dedicated to the care of women is living with dementia. Richmond Care Home is situated in the Village of Richmond, Ontario, where we offer a small, home-like, supportive environment for up to 16 residents. A Registered Practical Nurse with Carefor is an integral part of the Carefor Health Team and is responsible for the provision and management of nursing care to individuals and/or families in the community, as well as teaching and delegating tasks to different members of the Carefor team.
Please note that Richmond Care Home is not accessible by public transit.
This residence is a secure bungalow in the heart of Richmond Ontario and is designed to help residents feel as though they are living in a home away from home. The living room, kitchen and dining area are the central hub of the residence with comfortable, familiar décor. Our highly trained staff are encouraged to wear regular clothes instead of scrubs or uniforms, this encourages our residents to feel even more at ease. The Richmond Care Home provides a level of care, compassion, friendship and love that makes this a place like no other.
What You Will Do:
Primary Responsibilities include:
As the RPN at the home you will function as the leader of the resident care team. Utilizing your professional knowledge to assess clients, create care plans, administer medication and monitor/ evaluate the well being of the clients. In the absence of the manager you are in charge to ensure the residence comfort and well being and that policies and procedures are being followed.
In our fast-paced, responsive, and caring environment, we are looking for a self-starter who has the experience and ability to jump in on day one with energy and enthusiasm.
The following items describe important experience and competency areas you have demonstrated in your current or previous roles in order to be successful in this role:
- You are registered in good standing with the College of Nurses in Ontario (CNO)
- You have excellent high-tech skills (with IV restart) or a passion to be trained in these skills
- You possess a valid driver’s license and use of a reliable vehicle
- You have excellent documentation skills
- You have the ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary practice
- You have excellent problem solving skills and the ability to adapt nursing to independent practice
- You take initiative and you are passionate about caring for your clients
- Admissions and Discharges of clients as required
If you have the following, it would be considered an additional asset:
- Ability to converse in both official languages (English/French)
- Experience in palliative care
- You have LEAP training or are willing to take part as a requirement to palliative care provision
- Experience in community health care
- Current skills in Foot Care
What We Have to Offer You
- Competitive base salary
- Defined Pension Plan with the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Work-life balance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities
- A collaborative team culture that supports making a difference in the lives of our clients
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $23.24-$30.51 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Nursing license (RPN) through the CNO (required)
- Driver’s License and Reliable Vehicle (required)
Work Location: In-Person
Carefor is Eastern Ontario’s largest home care and community support services not-for-profit with over 1,600 employees operating in Eastern Counties, Ottawa, and Pembroke-Renfrew County. Formerly the Victorian Order of Nurses, Carefor has been providing service in Ottawa for over 123 years.
Carefor will only provide employment to those who can provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to Human Rights exemption.
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please let us know in your application if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.