“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: October 3, 2023
Reference No: RH-23-10-0001
Posting Date: Tuesday, October 3, 2023
Reference No: RCH-23-10-0001
Position(s): One (1) RPN – Part Time (0.4 FTE) Rotation includes 30 hours bi-weekly
Location: Richmond Care Home, 27 Nixon Farm Drive, Richmond, Ontario
*Rotation includes days and evening shifts
Carefor Health & Community Services is in search of a Part Time RPN at Richmond Care Home, which is a unique retirement residence dedicated to the care of women is living with dementia. Richmond Care Home is situated in the Village of Richmond, Ontario, where we offer a small, home-like, supportive environment for up to 16 residents.
Please note that Richmond Care Home is not accessible by public transit.
This residence is a secure bungalow in the heart of Richmond Ontario and is designed to help residents feel as though they are living in a home away from home. The living room, kitchen and dining area are the central hub of the residence with comfortable, familiar décor. Our highly trained staff are encouraged to wear regular clothes instead of scrubs or uniforms, this encourages our residents to feel even more at ease. The Richmond Care Home provides a level of care, compassion, friendship and love that makes this a place like no other.
Primary Responsibilities include:
As the RPN at the home you will function as the leader of the resident care team. Utilizing your professional knowledge to assess clients, create care plans, administer medication and monitor/ evaluate the well being of the clients. In the absence of the manager you are in charge to ensure the residence comfort and well being and that policies and procedures are being followed.
The RPN provides service consistent with the standards established by Carefor and CNO. The nursing process is utilized: assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Provides complete, relevant assessment of the client’s functional abilities, general condition and activities of daily living following pre-set procedures
- Implements the care plan based on the nursing assessment in collaboration with the physician, PSW’s and manager and review quarterly
- Implements nursing strategies or interventions according to the established care plan
- Performs technical nursing skills at a safe level in accordance with scope of practice, nursing principles and Carefor policies and procedures
- Utilizes appropriate interviewing and communication skills to obtain information from the client/family
- Describes and documents nursing processes clearly, concisely, accurately and appropriately, according to Carefor standards (by exception)
- Evaluates client’s responses to care plan for the achievement of realistic client-centered outcomes; revises plan as required
- Demonstrates respect for client’s choices and decisions
- Utilizes adult learning principles and established teaching materials to provide health teaching to clients, unregulated care providers and volunteers
- Reports and discusses client's status on a regular basis with other members of the health care team, including physician when necessary
- Works closely with the care team (including psws, cooks, recreation/activity coordinator and/or volunteers), providing them with direction, teaching and support
- Orders and checks new medications from the pharmacy and lists the medications on the MAR sheets
- Admissions and Discharges of clients as required
- Keep up to date on changes in the field of dementia care
- Familiarity with the home's fire, disaster and evacuation plans
- Participate in providing personal care, activities of daily living, preparing and serving meals & snacks, light housekeeping, recreational/personal interest activities as necessary.
What we have to offer you:
- Competitive base salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Defined benefit pension program
- Flexible schedule and work arrangements
- Work life balance
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development opportunities
- A collaborative team culture that supports making a difference in the lives of our clients
Carefor welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Interested applicants should apply in writing to Kristyn Armolavicius, in Human Resources no later than 4:30 p.m. on Monday, October 9, 2023. Please forward your resume to email@example.com and indicate the reference number of this posting on your cover letter. Please note that only candidates who submit a resume will be considered for the posting.