“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: September 27, 2023
Reference No: OT-23-09-0010
THE OPPORTUNITY – IT Helpdesk Technician
Carefor Health & Community Services is in search of an IT Helpdesk Technician to join our IT team in enhancing user’s technology experiences while continuously improving Carefor’s day-to-day operations. The IT Helpdesk Technician serves as the first point of contact for end users seeking technical assistance for IT related issues or requests. The IT Helpdesk Technician provides first level technical assistance to office and mobile users for all IT related hardware, software and services.
This position may require after hours and on call work.
What You Will Do:
· Communicates remotely with end users to understand, document, resolve or escalate IT issues or requests, such as permissions, connectivity, mobile and desktop hardware problems, configuration, etc.
· Uses diagnostic techniques and direct inquiry to understand user issues
· Determines the best course of action based on the issue and details provided, (e.g. repair / replace software or hardware)
· Performs remote troubleshooting
· Walks end users through the problem-solving process
· Directs unresolved issues to the next level of IT support personnel
· Provides accurate information to users on IT products and services
· Records events and problems, actions taken, and their resolution
· Monitors open requests, follows-up and updates end user status and information
· Records solutions to common problems in a knowledge base for future reference
· Documents end user feedback, identifies, and suggests improvements on IT procedures
· Creates, maintains, and contributes to technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
· Works with other IT staff to resolve issues and ensure that an integrated approach is taken
What We Are Looking For:
· Certificate or Community College diploma in Computer Science or relevant field and a minimum of one year experience as an IT Help Desk Technician or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) is an asset
· Working knowledge of office automation products, databases, mobile devices, and remote access support tools
· Strong understanding of computer systems and other technology products
· Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
· Strong verbal communication skills
· Customer-oriented and able to deal with challenging support requirements and users.
· Strong organizational and time-management skills
· Ability to effectively interface and communicate with technical and nontechnical staff at all organizational levels
Carefor is Eastern Ontario’s largest home care and community support services not-for-profit with over 1,600 employees operating in Eastern Counties, Ottawa, and Pembroke-Renfrew County. Formerly the Victorian Order of Nurses, Carefor has been providing service in Ottawa for over 123 years. Carefor’s strength is our frontline staff and their commitment to providing high-quality and compassionate support to clients in need.
Please visit www.carefor.ca to learn about the range of programs and services we offer.
Carefor will only provide employment to those who can provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to Human Rights exemption.
Carefor values equity, diversity, and inclusion in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We are committed to providing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and a work environment that supports our diverse workforce. If you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please let your TA Coordinator know or contact us in confidence providing notice in advance. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.