“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: November 26, 2022
Carefor Health & Community Services is in search of Registered Practical Nurses in the Ottawa area who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of their clients in the community. A Registered Practical Nurse with Carefor is an integral part of the Carefor Health Team and is responsible for the provision and management of nursing care to individuals and/or families in the community as well as teaching and delegating tasks to different members of the Carefor team members.
What You Will Do:
As a Registered Practical Nurse in Carefor’s Visit Nursing Program, you will make a difference in the lives of your clients in the community by utilizing your excellent communication skills to obtain relevant information from your clients and their families. You will implement nursing strategies or interventions according to the established care plan in consultation with the client and/or caregiver and the health care team. You will utilize adult learning principals and teaching materials to provide guidance to clients and their caregivers. You will incorporate your research findings into your daily clinical practice while demonstrating your exceptional time management and advance planning skills that will promote client-directed care, self-care and independence.
What We Are Looking For:
In our fast-paced, responsive, and caring environment, we are looking for a self-starter who has the experience and ability to jump in on day one with energy and enthusiasm.
The following items describe important experience and competency areas you have demonstrated in your current or previous roles in order to be successful in this role:
· You are registered in good standing with the College of Nurses in Ontario (CNO)
· You have excellent high tech skills (with IV restart) or a passion to be trained in these skills
· You possess a valid driver’s license and the use of a reliable vehicle
· You have excellent documentation skills
· You have the ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary practice
· You have excellent problem solving skills and the ability to adapt nursing to independent practice
· You take initiative and you are passionate about caring for your clients
If you have the following, it would be considered an additional asset:
· Ability to converse in both official languages (English/French)
· Experience in palliative care
· You have LEAP training or are willing to take part as a requirement to palliative care provision
· Experience in community health care
· Current skills in Foot Care
What We Have to Offer You:
Competitive base salary
Defined Pension Plan with the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
Health and dental benefits
Defined benefit pension program
Work life balance
Employee Assistance Program
Professional development opportunities
A collaborative team culture that supports making a difference in the lives of our clients
Our Nurses in the community are paid for their kilometers during travel between clients. We offer an orientation for our nurses for up to four weeks with ongoing educational opportunities.
Carefor will only provide employment to those who can provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to Human Rights exemption.
Carefor values equity, diversity and inclusion in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We are committed to providing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and a work environment that supports our diverse workforce. If you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know when contacted. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.