“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: November 26, 2022
Reporting to the Payroll Manager and working closely with Human Resources, the Payroll Specialist is responsible for ensuring that all employees are paid in accordance with Carefor’s bi-weekly payroll schedule and in accordance with the terms & conditions of employment as prescribed by Collective Agreements, Carefor policy, employment contracts, and legislative requirements. Primary tasks include entering and verifying payroll data, processing employee payments, preparing T2200 and ROEs, gather data for the preparation of the annual pension reconciliations, adjustments, and T4’s, monthly and annual payroll reconciliations, and payroll remittances.
- Complete bi-weekly payroll processing ensuring all employees receive applicable wages and benefits; make any adjustments as required
- Enter and verify employee time records, vacation, leaves of absence, retroactive payments
- Work in liaison with Human Resources and other departments to administer group benefits within Quadrant including pension, employee benefit coverage, and ensure pay records are accurate and up to date
- Prepare all government remittances as required by law within the timeframes required and reconcile payroll records to monthly statements
- Monthly reconciliation of payroll accounts to the general ledger
- Maintain up to date knowledge of payroll legislation, policies, and procedures
- Respond to inquiries regarding pay and benefits and maintains record of inquiries, complaints, and resolutions
- Complete, store, and maintain all payroll records and information according to governing legislation and for audit purposes
- Issue ad hoc, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Complete terminations and Record of Employment as required.
- Prepares year-end reconciliations and reports. Prepare T2200 for eligible employees.
- Provide support and back-up for the payroll clerk
- Other payroll duties and projects as assigned
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation is mandatory; Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) designation is an asset
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a business administration/payroll program
- Minimum of 5 years’ payroll experience with at least two years in a complex payroll environment with multiple unions.
- Advanced proficiency with payroll programs; experience with Quadrant HRIS an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- In depth knowledge of Ontario Employment Standards and other applicable legislation
- Ability to handle confidential information and work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Experience in problem solving, analytical thinking, and prioritization of tasks
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing; bilingualism is considered an asset
What we offer you:
- Defined Pension Plan with the Healthcare of Ontarion Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Annualized Paid Vacation
- Extended Health and Dental Care Benefits
- Float Holidays
- Professional Development Opportunities
Carefor will only provide employment to those who can provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to Human Rights exemption.
Carefor values equity, diversity and inclusion in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We are committed to providing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and a work environment that supports our diverse workforce. If you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know when contacted. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.