“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: June 15, 2022
Reference No: OT-22-6-0006
Reference NO: OT-22-6-0006
Position: Summer Student - Warehouse and Maintenance Assistant
Report To: Supervisor - Warehouse & Maintenance Assistant
Job Status: 30hrs/Weekly
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
Carefor Health & Community Services is in search of a Warehouse and Maintenance Assistant as a Summer Student to join our Facilities and Purchasing teams to assist with building maintenance and shipping/receiving tasks. The Warehouse and Maintenance Assistant will work to ensure compliance with applicable Health and Safety Legislation.
Assists in identifying and responding to planned and unplanned requests for maintenance or repairs.
- Serves as an onsite liaison with maintenance and repair service providers.
- Performs inventory management and other duties and special projects
- Provides back up purchasing and administrative support for the Purchasing Clerk.
- Promotes and follows all company and regulatory standards for Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS).
- Ensures compliance with all company policies, procedures and standards for people safety, quality, cost control and waste reduction measures
- Stages and prepares products for deliveries, returns or pickups.
- Ensures that products are received, shipped, handled, and stored with care and in a manner that results in no unnecessary damage.
- Ensures the accuracy of all inventory and participates in inventory counting.
- Ensures that cleanliness is well always maintained throughout the department, including outside of loading docks and garbage disposal areas.
- Assists with office moves and set-ups.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, CREDENTIALS
Ability to lift objects up to 50 pounds, climb ladders and work at particular heights; and perform other physical duties which may include bending, kneeling, reaching and standing for extended periods of time
- Demonstrated excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with a proven effective customer service focus.
- Organization and time management
This description indicates the key responsibilities of the position and the nature of work performed. It does not contain, and should not be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties and tasks required of employees assigned to this position.
Carefor will only provide employment to those who can provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to Human Rights exemption.
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please let us know in your application if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity