“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Reference No: OT-22-5-0010
The cook prepares, completes and serves daily nutritious meals and snacks for the residents of the home, taking into consideration allergies and preferences. Required to encourage independence of the residents by having them assist with preparation, cooking/baking and clean up duties. Always following the framework of Carefor’s policies, procedures, standards and quality & risk management.
Carefor is committed to providing quality care to its clients twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week. In order to accomplish this, you will be expected to be available to work every second (2nd) weekend.
This opportunity offers paid professional development such as Gentle Persuasive Approach, Best Friend’s Approach for Dementia Care, Food Handler certification and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Experience in food service, preferably within the health care sector
- Reliable and dependable in providing care for the clients
- Experience organizing and planning nutritious meals
- Household management experience
- Experience working with clients living with dementia an asset
- Personal Support Worker certificate an asset
- Defined Pension Plan with the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
Please note that Richmond Care Home is not accessible by public transit.
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please contact us in confidence and provide notice in advance if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.
Carefor will only provide employment to those who can provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to Human Rights exemption.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.67-$24.59 per hour