“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: April 20, 2022
Reference No: OTT-22-4-0004
Position(s): Communications and Fundraising Specialist
The Opportunity – Communications and Fundraising Specialist
Reporting to the Manager, Communications, Marketing and Fundraising, the Communications and Fundraising Specialist will execute an integrated communications plan utilizing a variety of traditional and digital platforms. In accordance with Carefor’s communications strategy, the incumbent will help maximize Carefor’s brand visibility.
The Communications and Fundraising Specialist will also lead on the regional execution of the organization’s fundraising strategy by following and implementing regional fundraising plan through social media, direct mail, donor engagement, donor stewardship and event planning and execution.
You will make an impact in the following ways:
- Identifies, captures, and shares stories of clients, care-partners, staff and volunteers to use in communications and fundraising
- Develops and delivers integrated communications campaigns across public relations, advertising, direct marketing, digital and social media
- Writes blogs and web content to improve SEO
- Develops bi-annual donor newsletter and monthly e-newsletter
- Develops and manages content across all digital and social media platforms
- Oversees the design, production, and copywriting of all print material
- Leads implementation of communications activities related to a comprehensive fundraising strategy and annual work plan
- Works with vendors to develop and distribute marketing materials and campaigns
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates communications activities for special events
- Identifies and develops strategies for enhancing communications and marketing for the purposes of brand recognition, revenue generation and fund development.
- Other related tasks as assigned
We are looking for an individual with:
- Post-secondary degree in communications or a related field (e.g., marketing, fundraising)
- Minimum of three-years’ experience leading communications activities as well as developing and implementing social media campaigns
- Experience developing content using various platforms and tools including video, web, and photography
- Experience writing for various platforms, including web
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, and Premier Pro
- Familiarity with video production
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management, planning and evaluation skills
- Creative thinker willing to explore and try new communications options and styles
- Equally capable of working independently and part of a team
- Bilingualism, an asset
What we offer you:
- Competitive base salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Defined benefit pension program
- Flexible schedule and work arrangements
- Work life balance
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development opportunities
- A collaborative team culture that supports making a difference in the lives of our clients
Carefor is Eastern Ontario’s largest home care and community support services not-for-profit with over 1,600 employees operating in Eastern Counties, Ottawa, and Pembroke-Renfrew County. Formerly the Victorian Order of Nurses, Carefor has been providing service in Ottawa for over 123 years.
Please visit www.carefor.ca to learn about the range of programs and services we offer to the Champlain Region.
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please let us know in your application if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.
Carefor will only provide employment to those who can provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to Human Rights exemption.
Carefor values equity, diversity, and inclusion in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We are committed to providing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and a work environment that supports our diverse workforce. If you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please let your TA Coordinator know or contact us in confidence providing notice in advance. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $49,491.00-$61,854.00 per year