“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Reference No: OT-22-4-0048
THE OPPORTUNITY – Registered Nurse (NSWOCC)
Carefor Health & Community Services is in search of Registered Nurses in the Ottawa area who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of their clients in the community. A Registered Nurse with Carefor is an integral part of the Carefor Health Team and is responsible for the provision and management of nursing care to individuals and/or families in the community as well as teaching and delegating tasks to different members of the Visit Nursing Team.
What You Will Do:
As a Registered Nurse in Carefor’s Visit Nursing Program, you will make a difference in the lives of your clients by completing relevant assessments and developing care plans based on those assessments with the client and their family. You will implement nursing strategies or interventions according to the care plan and perform technical nursing skills in accordance with nursing principles and Carefor’s policies and procedures.
You will evaluate, document and describe client/family responses to the care plan, and revise the plan as required on an ongoing basis. You will report and discuss the status of your client and their care on a regular basis with other members of the health care team to ensure the most appropriate and relevant care is being administered.
What We Are Looking For:
In our fast-paced, responsive, and caring environment, we are looking for a self-starter who has the experience and ability to jump in on day one with energy and enthusiasm.
The following items describe important experience and competency areas you have demonstrated in your current or previous roles in order to be successful in this role:
- You are registered in good standing with the College of Nurses in Ontario (CNO)
- You are a graduate of an accredited Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Education Program (WOC-EP) or are currently enrolled/committed to being enrolled in post graduate WOC-EP program.
- CNA certification WOCC(C) within 10 months of starting in the role
- You have excellent high tech skills (with IV restart)
- You possess a valid driver’s license and the use of a reliable vehicle
- You have excellent documentation skills
- You have the ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary practice
- You use the Nursing Process toward holistic case management care
- You have excellent problem solving skills and the ability to adapt nursing to independent practice
- You use your knowledge, skill, and judgement to support your clients and team members in the continuum of care
- You take initiative and you are passionate about caring for your clients
If you have the following, it would be considered an additional asset:
- Ability to converse in both official languages (English/French)
- Experience in palliative care
- You have LEAP training or are willing to take part as a requirement to palliative care provision
- Experience in community health care
What We Have to Offer You:
- Competitive base salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Defined benefit pension program
- A supportive team that encourages work life balance
- Ongoing education opportunities
- Paid travel time and mileage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities
- A collaborative team that fosters a mentoring structure
Carefor will only provide employment to those who can provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to Human Rights exemption.
Carefor values equity, diversity and inclusion in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We are committed to providing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and a work environment that supports our diverse workforce. If you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please let your TA Coordinator know or contact us in confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org providing notice in advance. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.