“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: January 25, 2022
Reference No: 022-001
THE OPPORTUNITY – IT Deskside Technician
Carefor Health & Community Services is in search of a Deskside Technician to join our IT team in enhancing user’s technology experiences while continuously improving Carefor’s day-to-day operations. As an IT Deskside Technician, you will provide remote and on site troubleshooting, support, installation and maintenance for computer systems, mobile devices, and networks throughout the organization. You will also on-board users and provide user training on the effective and safe usage of the IT infrastructure. This is a key role that allows Carefor to continue supporting a remote workforce to successfully deliver essential services to the community.
What You Will Do:
- Communicate directly or remotely with end users to understand, document, resolve or escalate IT issues or requests such as permissions, connectivity, mobile and desktop hardware problems, configuration, etc.
- Use diagnostic techniques and direct inquiry to understand user issues
- Perform, manage, and maintain incident information using Help Desk management software
- Lead end users through the problem-solving process and determine the best course of action based on the issue and details provided, (e.g. repair / replace software or hardware)
- Perform remote and on site troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve software and hardware, problems (repair or replace parts, debugging, warranty etc.)
- Set up computers and necessary peripheral devices (printers etc.)
- Configure and supports business equipment (video conferencing, door access systems, mobile devices, telecom equipment, etc.)
- Install and configures appropriate software and functions according to specifications and permissions to ensure optimal performance and security
- Organize and execute upgrades and maintenance (e.g. software, firmware, equipment and systems) in accordance with established requirements
- Provide orientation, guidance and training to users on IT products and services
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of IT support personnel
- Record events and problems, actions taken, and their resolution
- Monitor open requests, follow-up and update end user status and information
- Document end user feedback, identify and suggest improvements on IT procedures
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Maintain inventory of computer equipment and supplies and place replenishment orders
- Create, maintain and contribute to technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Work collaboratively with the IT team to plan, troubleshoot and resolve issues
What We Are Looking For:
- Certificate or Community College diploma in Computer Science or relevant field
- Minimum of three years’ experience as an IT Technician providing end user technical support, supporting computer software and hardware and a variety of IT applications, networks and operating systems
- Certification as IT Technician (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional) is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of office automation products, databases, mobile devices and remote support tools
- Ability to diagnose and resolve advanced technical issues
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Access to a vehicle for transportation and valid driver's license
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate with technical and nontechnical staff at all organizational levels
What We Have to Offer You:
- Competitive base salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Defined benefit pension program
- Flexible schedule and work arrangements
- Work life balance
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development opportunities
- A collaborative team culture that supports making a difference in the lives of our clients
Who We Are:
Carefor is Eastern Ontario’s largest home care and community support services not-for-profit with over 1,600 employees operating in Eastern Counties, Ottawa, and Pembroke-Renfrew County. Formerly the Victorian Order of Nurses, Carefor has been providing service in Ottawa for over 123 years.
Please visit www.carefor.ca to learn about the range of programs and services we offer to the Champlain Region.
Carefor will only provide employment to those who can provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to Human Rights exemption.
Carefor values equity, diversity and inclusion in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We are committed to providing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and a work environment that supports our diverse workforce. If you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please let your TA Coordinator know or contact us in confidence providing notice in advance. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.