“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: January 6, 2022
THE OPPORTUNITY – IT Telecommunications Administrator
Carefor Health & Community Services is in search of a Telecommunications Administrator to join our IT team to provide administration and support of Carefor’s wired and wireless telecommunication devices and services. As an IT Telecommunications Administrator, you will work with third party providers to manage services and devices, verify bills, manage device restrictions and profiles, testing, troubleshoot, and analyze device usage. This is a key role that allows Carefor to continue supporting a remote workforce to successfully deliver essential services to the community.
What You Will Do:
- Day-to-day Avaya PBX administration (e.g user creation/deletion)
- Provisioning of cellular phones.
- Set up and administer user accounts and permissions
- Monitor the performance of telecommunications hardware, software and services and resolve performance issues
- Develop key indicators and use statistical analysis to optimize performance of telecommunications services
- Support the integration of mobile technologies with business applications (e.g. e-mail)
- Provide direction to consultants and service providers in the delivery of contracted services. Work with external service providers to ensure the best possible service and experience for users
- Develop user support materials and provide training
- Oversee system upgrades as required (e.g. new releases and patches)
- Develop quality control procedures, standards and tools
- Create, maintain and contribute to the development of technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Work with other IT staff to resolve issues and ensure that an integrated approach is taken
- Maintain knowledge of telecommunication trends, including telecommunications cyber security
- Manage large pool(s) of cellular/extension/DID numbers
What We Are Looking For:
- Two year Community College diploma in Computer Science or related field and a minimum of 3 years related experience supporting and administering complex PBX and/or EMM/MDM systems or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong working knowledge of VoIP and PSTN
- Strong working knowledge of Android operating system
- Strong working knowledge of cellular technologies & services
- Experience working in a health care environment and/or working in a non-profit organization considered an asset
- Experience with Avaya products considered an asset
- Experience with SOTI EMM considered an asset
- Experience with Samsung KNOX considered an asset
What We Have to Offer You:
- Competitive base salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Defined benefit pension program
- Flexible schedule and work arrangements
- Work life balance
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development opportunities
- A collaborative team culture that supports making a difference in the lives of our clients
Who We Are:
Carefor is Eastern Ontario’s largest home care and community support services not-for-profit with over 1,600 employees operating in Eastern Counties, Ottawa, and Pembroke-Renfrew County. Formerly the Victorian Order of Nurses, Carefor has been providing service in Ottawa for over 123 years.
Please visit www.carefor.ca to learn about the range of programs and services we offer to the Champlain Region.
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please let us know in your application if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.
Carefor will only provide employment to those who can provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to Human Rights exemption.
Carefor values equity, diversity and inclusion in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We are committed to providing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and a work environment that supports our diverse workforce. If you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please let your TA Coordinator know or contact us in confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org providing notice in advance. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.