“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
THE OPPORTUNITY – Marketing Assistant Student
Carefor Health & Community Services is in search of a Marketing Assistant Student for a 9 week term. Under the direction of the Manager, Marketing, Communications and Fundraising; the Marketing Assistant Student will provide coordination and administrative support to the marketing, communications and fundraising team, as required. The Assistant will be responsible for a variety of coordination and administrative duties, including monitoring and tracking communications, marketing and fundraising activities, reporting on activities, coordinating direct mail, updating websites, updating databases and assisting with fundraising, special events and campaigns, donor engagement, and other related activities.
What You Will Do:
Communications and Marketing
· Tracks and reports on efficacy of communications and marketing activities
· Updates and maintains the Carefor website and sub-sites, and other social media accounts
· Monitors and tracks social media channels providing analytics and reports
· Utilizes InDesign and other computer programs to create ads and appeals for marketing and fundraising purposes
· Supports in recruitment marketing activities including ad design and posting, vendor relations and tracking
· Provides support monitoring and updating Intranet website
· Tracks and reports on the efficacy of fundraising activities.
· Coordinates direct mail program including donor mails outs, via direct mail or e-mail
· Assists with preparation and execution of Carefor events (fundraising and external marketing events) such as ordering supplies, communicating with hosts and vendors, tracking attendance, setting up venues, and helping to ensure overall success of events
· Updates and maintains donor databases including constituent and volunteer data coding and inputting, and direct donor engagement
· Provides direct support to members of the marketing and fundraising team in all three regions as directed by verbal or written instruction
· Communicates with external vendors for a variety of purposes, such as obtaining quotes
· Completes accurate and appropriate filing and tracking of correspondence, cards, invoices, and receipts
· Completes all functions and tasks in compliance with Carefor branding guidelines, Carefor policies and procedures, Occupational Health and Safety Standards, and other relevant legislation
· Other responsibilities as assigned
What We Are Looking For:
As the ideal candidate you have:
· Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Ability to liaise with clients and donors in a professional manner, forming strong relationships. Ability to write and format moderately complex correspondence
· Proficiency and demonstrated interest in technology and computer software including Microsoft Office Suite, Sumac or other CRM, and Adobe Creative Suite
· Dependable, with the ability to multi-task and set priorities to deliver against tight deadlines; unanticipated requests from other areas, and changing priorities; workload will fluctuate and flexibility will be required to manage work effectively.
· Strong understanding of Project Management discipline and concepts
· Experience with social media coordination and monitoring
· Experience with event coordination and planning
· Experience working with the public and other stakeholders
· Able to work autonomously and adhere to deadlines
What We Have to Offer You:
· Flexible schedule and work arrangements
· Work-life balance
· Balanced work from home/office approach
· A collaborative team culture that supports making a difference in the lives of our clients
Carefor is Eastern Ontario’s largest home care and community support services not-for-profit with over 1,400 employees operating in Eastern Counties, Ottawa, and Pembroke-Renfrew County. Formerly the Victorian Order of Nurses, Carefor has been providing services for over 124 years.
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please contact us in confidence and provide notice in advance if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.
Carefor will only provide employment to those who can provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to Human Rights exemption.