“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: September 14, 2021
Reference No: ADM21-033
Reporting to the Payroll Supervisor and working closely with Human Resources, the Payroll Administrator is responsible for ensuring that all employees are paid in accordance with Carefor’s bi-weekly payroll schedule and in accordance with the terms & conditions of employment as prescribed by Collective Agreements, Carefor policy, employment contracts, and legislative requirements. Primary tasks include preparing and verifying payroll data, processing employee payments, preparing T2200 and ROEs, assisting the supervisor in annual pension reconciliations and adjustments and T4 preparation, monthly and annual payroll reconciliations, journal entries, and payroll remittances.
Overtime may be required to meet payroll deadlines.
Primary Responsibilities include:
· Complete the full payroll function ensuring all employees receive applicable wages and benefits per schedule
· Work in liaison with Human Resources and other departments to administer group benefits including pension, enrol/terminate employee coverage, and ensure pay and personnel records are accurate and up to date
· Complete, store, and maintain all payroll records and information according to governing legislation and for audit purposes
· Issue ad hoc, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
· Prepare payroll remittances as required by legislation or agreement within the timeframes required and reconcile payroll records to monthly statements
· Maintain employee time records and calculate vacation, compensation, leaves of absence, pension, and records of employment
· Enter and verify payroll information submitted from multiple sources Monitor changes in payroll legislation, policies, and procedures
· Respond to employees’ inquiries regarding pay and benefits; maintain record of inquiries and process terminations and prepare Record of Employment as required
· Validate and ensure all wage changes are properly processed
· Assist with year-end reconciliation and reports. Prepare T2200 for eligible employees.
· Follow all policies and procedures as required while maintaining a healthy and safe working environment
· Provide support and back-up for the other payroll positions
· Liaise with Payroll at other Carefor sites to support shared workers
· Other payroll duties and projects as assigned
· Payroll certification required (PCP or CPM) or a post-secondary diploma in a business/payroll administration program of three years or greater
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience supporting a complex multi-site payroll environment with multiple unions.
· Advanced proficiency with payroll programs and applications; experience with Quadrant is considered an asset
· Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with a proven effective customer service focus.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
· In depth knowledge of Ontario Employment Standards and other applicable legislation
· Ability to handle confidential information and work under pressure with tight deadlines
· Experience working in a team oriented collaborative environment
· Ability to converse in both official languages is considered an asset
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please contact us in confidence and provide notice in advance if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.