“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: July 29, 2021
Carefor Health & Community Services is in search of a self-motivated Talent Acquisition and Retention Coordinator, who takes pride in owning the end-to-end process of talent acquisition while finding the qualified talents for each position. Reporting to the Supervisor, Talent Acquisition and Retention, the TA and Retention Coordinator provides key support for the day-to-day delivery of the Human Resources activities related to recruitment, onboarding, and Employee Engagement.
As a Brand Ambassador for Carefor, the incumbent requires to provide a high degree of professionalism, discretion, tact, and diplomacy while ensuring the full-cycle recruitment process runs smoothly and efficiently, in order to provide a superior candidate experience to all job applicants and new hires.
This also includes coordinating many high-priority deadlines simultaneously, anticipating and solving problems with minimal oversight, and prioritizing when scheduling conflicts arise.
The Talent Acquisition and Retention Coordinator plays a collaborative role with the Hiring Managers and Directors to identify current and future recruitment requirements and establish pipelines for key areas. This includes continuously recognizing opportunities for improving operational efficiency, and procedures accordingly.
In addition, from time to time the Talent Acquisition and Retention Coordinator collaborates with other members of the HR team to support a variety of HR projects and initiatives.
What you will do:
As a Talent Acquisition and Retention Coordinator, you will work closely with your peers on the HR team and with various Business Leaders across the organization to provide recruitment support.
To be successful in this position, you will need to understand the business environment and partner with different stakeholders leveraging your strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to maintain professional and diplomatic relations.
You will work with the HRBPs and the Supervisor, Talent Acquisition and Retention to ensure options related to candidates’ offered packages, hiring and onboarding processes are running smoothly.
You will also liaise and coordinate activities with external service providers, including employment agencies, social media platforms, associations, and educational institutions.
In your efforts to ensure continuously finding qualified talents, you will anticipate and identify emerging recruitment needs and challenges that affect the business and then develop and implement necessary changes, while providing advice to hiring managers and supervisors in line with relevant collective agreements or employment standards.
You will represent Carefor as a Brand Ambassador at career fairs, networking events, and other events and will liaise with our Marketing team to ensure all required materials for the job, fairs are updated and available.
What success looks like:
- You have led the successful execution of end-to-end recruitment cycles in the past, including the development of advertising and assessment materials, screening applicants, scheduling and conducting interviews, obtaining references, and coordinating orientation program.
- You have supported the development of various assessment materials (competency-based interview guides and other assessment tools).
- You kept engagement and communication with candidates throughout the recruiting process regarding their application status (i.e. next steps, timelines, etc.)
- You have a proactive approach in supporting the research and identification of new opportunities to target not only active but also passive candidates.
- You have collaborated with various team members to support HR processes related to the recruitment function, including hiring, onboarding, off-boarding, and employer branding.
- Change doesn’t scare you, you propose new approaches, programs, policies and procedures to continually improve recruitment practices in support of Carefor’s quality of service and operational plan achievement.
- You have excellent organizational and time management skills that help you provide effective project and administrative support to the HR team, including generating new hire reports, and maintaining hiring records logs updated.
What we are looking for:
In our fast-paced, responsive, and caring environment, we are looking for a self-starter who has the experience and ability to jump in on day one with energy and enthusiasm to advance best practices. There is always a list of priorities and you enjoy supporting a team to accomplish great things. You are unwavering as you will be working in an environment undergoing transformation and are open to exploring new ideas as a team and then contributing to the successful implementation of those ideas.
As the ideal candidate you have:
- 2+ years of experience in a high volume recruiting function and Human Resources administration and processes.
- A degree or diploma specializing in Business or Human Resources management. Candidates with a combination of relevant post-secondary education and experience will also, be considered. Carefor is a multi-bargaining unit environment so having experience operating in a labor relations environment would be strongly desired.
- Knowledge of recruitment trends and best practices, including LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, and various HRMS platforms.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and you are able to deliver information in a variety of settings.
- Strong interpersonal skills, which enable you to build strong relationships and partnerships with the business leaders, understand the business objectives and deliver appropriate, timely, and high-quality HR solutions.
The following is considered an additional asset:
- Experience recruiting in health care and not-for-profit sectors
- Experience with QuadrantHR or other HRMS or ATS systems.
- Experience in business transformation and change management
What We Have to Offer You:
- Competitive base salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Defined benefit pension program
- Work life balance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities
- A collaborative team culture that supports making a difference in the lives of our clients
Carefor is Eastern Ontario’s largest home care and community support services a not-for-profit with over 1,400 employees operating in Eastern Counties, Ottawa, and Pembroke-Renfrew County. Formerly the Victorian Order of Nurses, Carefor has been providing services for over 123 years.
Please visit www.carefor.ca to learn about the range of programs and services we offer to the Champlain Region.
Please take the time to tell us about yourself in a cover letter – we want to hear your story – your background, your HR-related accomplishments, and why this role is a good fit for you at this time.
Carefor values equity, diversity and inclusion in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We are committed to providing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and a work environment that supports our diverse workforce. If you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please let your TA Coordinator know or contact us in confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org providing notice in advance. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.