“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Reference No: 021-021
The Opportunity – IT Helpdesk Technician
The IT Helpdesk Technician serves as the first point of contact for end users seeking technical assistance for IT related issues or requests. The IT Helpdesk Technician provides first level technical assistance to office and mobile users for all IT related hardware, software and services.
This position may require afterhours and on call work.
You will make an impact in the following ways:
- Communicates remotely with end users to understand, document, resolve or escalate IT issues or requests, such as permissions, connectivity, mobile and desktop hardware problems, configuration, etc.
- Uses diagnostic techniques and direct inquiry to understand user issues
- Determines the best course of action based on the issue and details provided, (e.g. repair / replace software or hardware)
- Performs remote troubleshooting
- Walks end users through the problem-solving process
- Directs unresolved issues to the next level of IT support personnel
- Provides accurate information to users on IT products and services
- Records events and problems, actions taken, and their resolution
- Monitors open requests, follows-up and updates end user status and information
- Records solutions to common problems in a knowledge base for future reference
- Documents end user feedback, identifies and suggests improvements on IT procedures
- Creates, maintains and contributes to technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Works with other IT staff to resolve issues and ensure that an integrated approach is taken
What we offer you:
- Competitive base salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Defined benefit pension program
- Flexible schedule and work arrangements
- Work life balance
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development opportunities
- A collaborative team culture that supports making a difference in the lives of our clients
We are looking for an individual who has:
- Working knowledge of office automation products, databases, mobile devices and remote access support tools
- Strong understanding of computer systems and other technology products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Customer-oriented and able to deal with challenging support requirements and users.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate with technical and nontechnical staff at all organizational levels
You will need to have:
- Certificate or Community College diploma in Computer Science or relevant field and a minimum of one year experience as an IT Help Desk Technician or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) is an asset
Carefor is Eastern Ontario’s largest home care and community support services not-for-profit with over 1,600 employees operating in Eastern Counties, Ottawa, and Pembroke-Renfrew County. Formerly the Victorian Order of Nurses, Carefor has been providing service in Ottawa for over 123 years.
Please visit www.carefor.ca to learn about the range of programs and services we offer to the Champlain Region.
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please let us know in your application if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.
How to apply:
If you feel this position is for you and would like to be a part of our Carefor Team, please submit your resume along with any questions you may have via e-mail to Jobs@Carefor.ca.