“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: June 25, 2021
The Opportunity – Administration and Finance Float
If you are looking for a finance position that you can contribute to and be challenged in, for a company that makes a difference in the lives of our seniors, then we look forward to hearing from you!
Carefor Health & Community Services is adding to our Administration and Finance team! You will have the opportunity to thrive in our collaborative and friendly environment, while training with some of the most qualified finance team staff.
We are in search of an Administration and Finance Float who is looking for an opportunity to support the Team by providing coverage and back-up support to various positions within the full range of operations such as A/R, A/P, payroll, purchasing and billing processing and verification, while following organization guidelines, policies and procedures. Reporting to the energetic and supportive Finance Manager, this role provides a tremendous learning opportunity for the successful candidate!
You will make an impact in the following ways:
- Performs a full range of duties as outlined in the individual job descriptions for the finance and administration team as required. These positions include; accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, purchasing, billing processing, and billing verification
- Coverage of leaves of absence and workload pressures for administrative and finance functions
- Contributes to the principles of customer-focused service by responding professionally to the needs of clients and internal customers and ensuring service meets expectations
- Contributes to continuous quality improvement measures by evaluating on-going work processes to ensure efficiency and productivity
- Adapts to changing deadlines and tasks, and works as part of team to complete assignments in a timely and efficient manner
- Functions and reports in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety legislation, regulations, and Carefor policies and procedures, and participates in training as necessary
We are looking for individuals who have the following qualifications:
- At least one of the following:
- o Post-secondary degree or diploma in an accounting or business administration field
Minimum 2 years of progressively responsible accounting experience
- Community health care knowledge and experience is an asset
- High proficiency in operating computer and word processing software is required, including all Microsoft Office packages
- Familiarity with Quadrant, Great Plains and/or other similar financial systems is an asset
- Data analysis and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Flexibility in accepting a variety of assignments, and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Advanced communication skills, both written and oral
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset
What we offer you:
- Competitive wages
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Paid professional development and training
- Paid orientation
- Employee Assistance Program
- A collaborative team culture that supports making a difference in the lives of our clients
Carefor is Eastern Ontario’s largest home care and community support services not-for-profit with over 1,600 employees operating in Eastern Counties, Ottawa, and Pembroke-Renfrew County. Formerly the Victorian Order of Nurses, Carefor has been providing service in Ottawa for over 123 years. Carefor’s strength is our frontline staff and their commitment to providing high quality and compassionate support to clients in need.
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please let us know if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.