“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: March 2, 2021
Reference No: 021-008
THE OPPORTUNITY – IT Telecommunications Administrator
Carefor Health & Community Services is in search of a Telecommunications Administrator to join our IT team to provide administration and support of Carefor’s wired and wireless telecommunication devices and services. As an IT Telecommunications Administrator, you will work with third party providers to manage services and devices, verify bills, manage device restrictions (e.g. foreign country), troubleshoot, and analyze device usage. This is a key role that allows Carefor to continue supporting a remote workforce to successfully deliver essential services to the community.
Who We Are:
Carefor is Eastern Ontario’s largest home care and community support services not-for-profit with over 1,600 employees. Formerly the Victorian Order of Nurses, Carefor has been providing service in Ottawa for over 123 years. With offices in Ottawa, Pembroke and Cornwall, Carefor has become a committed and valued part of the wellbeing of the communities we serve.
Carefor is unique in the region due to the comprehensive suite of services offered including professional services such as nursing, occupational therapy, social work, in-home physiotherapy and personal support services, as well as community support services such as meal delivery, non-urgent medical transportation, companion sitters, day programs, going home services, and homemaking. Carefor also owns and operates a number of residential care facilities offering retirement, respite, specialized supportive housing, and palliative care hospice services.
Operating in alignment with our values of respect, responsiveness, partnership, innovation and excellence, Carefor celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment to help people be their best, whether that be our staff through support and training or our clients through high-quality care and services.
Please visit the pages for Eastern Counties, Ottawa, and Pembroke-Renfrew County at www.carefor.ca to appreciate the depth and range of Carefor programs and services offered to the Champlain Region.
What You Will Do:
- Administer process of provisioning phones to end user
- Set up and administer user accounts and permissions
- Monitor the performance of telecommunications hardware, software and services and resolve performance issues
- Develop key indicators and use statistical analysis to optimize performance of telecommunications services
- Support the integration of mobile technologies with business applications (e.g. e-mail)
- Provide direction to consultants and service providers in the delivery of contracted services. Work with external service providers to ensure the best possible service and experience for users
- Develop user support materials and provide training
- Oversee system upgrades as required (e.g. new releases and patches)
- Develop quality control procedures, standards and tools
- Create, maintain and contribute to the development of technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Work with other IT staff to resolve issues and ensure that an integrated approach is taken
- Maintain knowledge of telecommunication trends, including telecommunications cyber security
What We Are Looking For:
- Two year Community College diploma in Computer Science or related field and a minimum of 3 years related experience supporting and administering complex telecommunication systems or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong working knowledge of VoIP and PSTN
- Strong working knowledge of Android operating system
- Strong working knowledge of cellular technologies
- Experience working in a health care environment and/or working in a non-profit organization considered an asset
- Experience as a PBX Administrator considered an asset
- Experience with Enterprise Mobility Management considered an asset
- Knowledge of ACIS or Dcap considered an asset
- Microsoft Certified Engineer (MSCE) considered an asset
What We Have to Offer You:
- Competitive base salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Defined benefit pension program
- Flexible schedule and work arrangements
- Work life balance
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development opportunities
- A collaborative team culture that supports making a difference in the lives of our clients
Please take the time to tell us about yourself in a cover letter – we want to hear your story – your background, your accomplishments, and why this role is a good fit for you at this time.
Please submit your cover letter and résumé in confidence through our website. Please note that all applications will be acknowledged but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We know that fit for a role goes both ways - You may have other questions – so feel free to email us in advance of applying. The posting will remain active on our website until our search process is complete.
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please contact us in confidence at HR@Carefor.ca and provide notice in advance if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.