“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: August 3, 2020
Reference No: A20-015
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
Social workers are responsible for addressing the social determinants of health (SDH) of individuals and their families in the community-as these factors often have a significant impact on health status and health outcomes. Social workers are skilled facilitators who can assist clients and families to resolve challenges related to changing health care status. They have the training and skills to provide therapeutic counselling to address mental health needs and coping ability of clients, caregivers and families. As well they are experts in system navigation, advocacy, and promoting informed decision-making.
- Assess, intervene, consult and counsel clients and their families in the community
- Adjust to illness/disability
- Assess Future care needs
- Document and communicate care plan as well as client care activity per college standards
- Implement strategies or interventions to achieve realistic client-centered outcomes
- Assist with and complete applications and paperwork for needed resources.
- Refer clients to appropriate community resources and programs as well other disciplines as necessary
- Master Degree in Social Work
- Registered with the College of Social Work and Social Services of Ontario
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making and analysis
- The ability to work collaboratively with case managers, clients, families and other caregivers to provide service
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, (G2 level) and use of a reliable vehicle
- 2-5 years’ experience preferred
- Experience in community health and/or palliative care
- Bilingualism (French/English) preferred
Carefor welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Recruiter.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.