“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: June 29, 2020
Reference No: ADM20-008
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
The Project Manager leads the development and implementation of major projects across the organization, and contributes to organizational excellence in project management.
The incumbent acts as a project leader on large-scale corporate projects, many of which will be related to Information Technology systems and solutions, and will collaborate with individuals and teams across the organization on project planning, management, implementation, and evaluation.
The Project Manager will coordinate and manage relationships with project sponsors and stakeholders, project team members, vendors and all other key individuals/groups involved with projects.
The Project Manager will also support the organization to continuously assess, develop and improve project management methodologies and practices.
- Leads all aspects of assigned projects, including development of project scope and charter, planning, risk identification and mitigation, change management, execution, project status reporting, transition to operations and project evaluation;
- Builds relationships with project sponsors and key internal and external stakeholders, project team members, vendors and all other key individuals/groups as needed;
- Uses recognized project management methodologies and practices to create business cases and feasibility studies, documenting cost and time estimates;
- Facilitates steering committee and project team meetings to drive project decision making and governance;
- Leads the development and maintenance of Project Management Standard Operating Procedures;
- Gathers stakeholder needs and documents requirements to develop functional specifications for procurement;
- Works on multiple projects at the same time, depending on scope and scale of projects;
- Serves as project management champion within the organization, driving best practices;
- Regularly monitors projects and maintains metrics to ensure delivery success and compliance;
- Tracks lessons learned and makes recommendations on how to improve and avoid previously seen barriers and challenges.
- Work is performed in an office environment
- Work requires some driving to other Carefor sites
- A university degree in project management, information management, information technology, or a related discipline.
- Significant experience in project management. Health care project management experience is an asset.
- Experience managing complex IM/IT projects
- Experience preparing and communicating key information to project stakeholders
- Business acumen – understanding of enterprise systems, financial systems and flows
- Experience with document management systems is an asset
- Experience with mobile device systems and deployment is an asset
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of organizational change management strategies
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP)
Carefor welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Recruiter.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.