“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: October 25, 2023
The Opportunity – Manager, Nursing Services, Home and Clinical Care
The Manager, Home and Clinical Care Nursing Services strategically, manages and leads Carefor’s Home and Clinical Care Nursing services to ensure the program operates efficiently and effectively. Using a continuous quality improvement framework, the incumbent leads a team of nurses to deliver holistic nursing services to clients with complex health needs, either in home or in a Clinic setting, within the Champlain region. The manager leads services that meet the organization’s mission, vision, and values as well as leading practices in their field, including Accreditation Canada standards.
To achieve individual and program objectives, the Manager oversees a Nursing Leadership team that includes a Nursing Professional Practice Lead as well as Nursing Supervisors. Together, they promote a learning culture, ensuring that high quality education, training and resources are available and accessible to the Nursing team, as needed. As a coach and mentor to the Nursing Leadership team, she/he plays an active role in planning, promoting, implementing and evaluating individual and program performance using a change management approach to continuously improve nursing services. The Manager also works closely with Carefor’s broader Leadership team to promote and support the achievement of Carefor’s Strategic Plan. She/he also represents Carefor at various external nursing-related committees and educational events in the region.
What You Will Do:
· Develops and leads a team of community nurses using effective multi-modal communication techniques (e.g., team times, nursing newsletters, etc.).
· Promotes a continuous learning culture through coaching and mentoring of staff to attain individual and operational performance objectives.
· Responds to client events and complaints with proper investigation and response; develops improvement plans and educates nurses for learning purposes. Attends client-focused case management meetings with Home and Community Care Support Services (HCCSS), as required.
· Leads and supports nursing leadership team to ensure they have the tools and resources required to effectively support frontline nurses.
· Works closely with the Director to establish annual operational performance objectives for the program, in accordance with Carefor’s strategic plan.
· Works closely with the Director to budget for the program and monitors monthly financial reports; identifies and analyzes trends and issues facing the program and services.
· Contributes to program structure design, talent management and recruitment and retention of nursing team (e.g., on-boarding, performance management, professional development, etc.)
· Provides coverage for other members of Carefor’s Leadership team when unavailable or off-site.
· Collects, analyzes and reports on data required for HCCSS performance targets (key performance indicators) to evaluate program efficiency and effectiveness; contributes to strategies for improvement.
· Represents Carefor at various community tables, nursing related committees and other external related events.
· Registered Nurse, BScN, required.
· Master’s in nursing, Business or Health Administration, an asset
· Minimum 5 years of progressive management responsibility
· Knowledge of the related regulatory and legislative requirements within Ontario, required.
· Experience in community health nursing, preferred.
· Experience working in a unionized environment, an asset.
· Experience working within a quality management framework and delivering service excellence to healthcare clients.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with experience using multi-modal approaches to regularly and effectively communicate with a remote team.
· Experience in coaching and leading people, applying a calming and supportive manner when promoting and facilitating change.
· Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills., demonstrating the ability to appropriately prioritize program requirements and individual staff needs.
· Demonstrated effective critical thinking, analytical, and problem-resolution skills.
· Experience in external relations, negotiating/conflict management, program and budget management.
· Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) as well as experience working with scheduling databases.
· Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset.
· Combined regular office environment with some flexibility of remote work.
· Travel within the Champlain region to support Nursing staff working in various community settings (e.g. individual homes, retirement homes, Carefor clinics) will be required.
· Leadership On Call rotation with evening, weekend and statutory holiday coverage.
Carefor will only provide employment to those who can provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to Human Rights exemption.
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please let us know in your application if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.