“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: October 16, 2023
Reference No: OT-23-10-0005
The Opportunity – HR Business Partner
Ottawa, Cornwall or Pembroke
Carefor Health & Community Services is in search of a permanent HR professional who takes pride in being both a business champion and employee advocate. Reporting to the Director, Labour Relations; the HR Business Partner provides consulting and coaching to the business leaders and employees in key areas of the broad HR profession, including but not limited to; business partnership, employee and labor relations, compliance, compensation, change management and policy development.
Carefor continues to build and transform from a personnel focused organization to a culture that demonstrates what it believes and practices on a daily basis; that its people are its most cherished resource, and that the organization delivers best-in-class service to its clients through its people.
The incumbent will have the opportunity to have a strong influence on the employee experience and help support the business strategy and operational plans by providing strategic guidance and advice from the people lens. They are a trusted partner and subject matter expert who provide strategic and tactical advice, services and support to internal stakeholders and help re-position the HR Team as a highly performing strategic Business Partner across the multi-site organization.
What you will do:
- Builds strong relationships and partners with the business leaders at the senior management, manager and supervisor levels to understand the business and deliver appropriate, timely and high-quality HR solutions.
- Partners with assigned client group to provide advice, coaching and communication in all areas of Human Resources, leveraging knowledge of HR and business practices to influence best outcomes for the organization.
- Provides advice to managers and supervisors in line with employment legislation and relevant Collective Agreements and work with them on employee/labour relations issues as required.
- Works with the managers and supervisors, to support the recruitment team in understanding the organization structure, position management and job description and job evaluation preparation.
- Plans and coordinates the delivery of annual HR initiatives related to Performance Management, Talent Planning, and Employee Engagement Surveys.
- Engages with subject matter experts such as Compensation and Benefits, Health and Wellness and HR Systems & Policies, to provide your client with a holistic approach to issue resolution based on best practice and in line with policies and legislation.
- Provides coaching to managers, supervisors and employees on performance management, career development and retention.
- Collaborates with team members on new approaches, programs, policies and procedures to continually improve HR practices in support of Carefor’s quality of service and operational plan achievement.
- Leads and facilitates the off-boarding process; conduct exit interview with employees, document and share results with leadership, monitor trends and make recommendations for policy, program and process changes as appropriate.
- Works within the HR team providing supports as needed.
- Acts in accordance with Carefor’s policies, values and mission, etc.
- Promotes and models a culture of health, safety and wellness among peers.
- Other duties as required.
As the ideal candidate you have:
This position requires an energetic, innovative, and knowledgeable person equipped with the ability to provide advice, guidance and coaching to other functions of Carefor. The incumbent will have the ability to build relationships with higher level management group or business leaders to deliver high quality HR solutions. The incumbent will have the ability to provide advice to managers and supervisors from different HR aspects (i.e., compensation and benefits, labor relations, career development, performance management, retention, talent acquisition, etc.). The HR Business Partner will have strong written and verbal communications skills to communicate concisely and confidently with business leaders and internal stakeholders.
The HR Business Partner will also bring:
A Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Industrial and Organization Development, Labour Relations, or a related field. Professional HR Designation (CHRL) or strong knowledge of HR technical areas gained through extensive equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 7 years professional experience in a human resources generalist role, including labour relations experience in a multi-union environment. HR experience in a healthcare environment is an asset.
- Working knowledge of pertinent legislation, e.g. Employment Standards Act, Pay Equity, Health and Safety, Human Rights, etc.
- Experience preparing reports, business cases
- Experience working with business leaders and guiding workforce planning discussions
- Experience in interpreting collective agreements
- Detailed knowledge and experience of HR technical areas including total rewards, talent acquisition, talent management
- Experience with HRM systems
- Sound knowledge of current employment related legislation, human resources practices and policies and labour relations and proven ability to advise clients
- Demonstrated successful execution of key Human Resources projects and programs, and evaluated against pre-determined success metrics and implemented a lessons-learned approach
- Experience leading continuous improvement of internal HR programs and processes to support the demands of a service oriented business
- Experience planning and coordinating the delivery of annual HR initiatives with business leaders such as workforce/talent planning, stay interviews, employee engagement initiatives, and other programs that may be developed.
- Experience engaging with subject matter experts such as compensation and benefits, pension, health and wellness and HR systems & policies, to provide your client with a holistic approach to issue resolution based on best practice and in line with policies and legislation
- Experience collaborating with team members on new approaches, programs, policies and procedures to continually improve HR practices in support of Carefor’s quality of service and operational plan achievement
Creativity and Innovation
Out-of-box thinking; researching and brainstorming new ideas that align with Carefor’s business strategy, providing support and advice on all aspects of HR for different corporate functions.
With little direction, leads the implementation of work plan and activities. Direction is generally received for outliers to strategy and objectives.
Superior writing and editing skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Regular office environment with some flexibility for remote work. Travel to various Carefor locations may be required occasionally.
You will stand out with:
- Experience working in a health care environment
- Ability to converse in both official languages
What we offer you:
- Competitive base salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Defined benefit pension program: HOOPP Pension Plan
- Flexible schedule and work arrangements
- Work life balance
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development opportunities
- A collaborative team culture that supports making a difference in the lives of our clients
Carefor will only provide employment to those who can provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to Human Rights exemption.
Carefor values equity, diversity and inclusion in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We are committed to providing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and a work environment that supports our diverse workforce. If you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know when contacted. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.