“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: August 25, 2023
The Opportunity – Human Resources Administrator
Reporting to the Manager, HR Operations, the Human Resources (HR) Administrator is responsible for providing administrative support to the department to ensure smooth office operations and supporting the implementation of activities and projects. The HR Administrator provides frontline client service and greets internal and external clients, provides them with information and refers them to the appropriate person or service. This HR Administrator triages all incoming inquiries and correspondence and ensures the utmost discretion and confidentiality of information.
What You Will Do:
- Greets, informs, and redirects internal and external clients on behalf of the department.
- Receives and screens correspondence and phone calls intended for the department, determines their relevance and urgency to ensure follow-up, and informs the departmental leader and staff as necessary.
- Acts as a resource person for internal and external clients for inquiries pertaining to programs, procedures, and processes in order to ensure understanding.
- Drafts and revises documents using templates and coordinates the administrative correspondence on behalf of the departmental leader and staff.
- Adheres to and maintains an effective filing system to maintain the confidentiality of employee files and records and ensure the availability of complete, accurate records for future reference or audit purposes.
- Coordinates document archiving.
- Maintains a reminder system for files requiring follow-up.
- Drafts and updates documents for internal use on procedures, processes and systems related to the incumbent’s responsibilities.
- Coordinates and supports meeting with staff for completion of benefits and pension enrolment and uploads this information to appropriate systems(s).
- Adheres to department workflows to ensure successful enrolments, and payroll deductions are communicated appropriately with HR, Payroll, and the employee
- Supports leave management items for benefits and pension continuation
- Provides administrative support by performing data entry into related databases and systems, forms creation and completion, collection of information.
- Shows discretion in the safeguarding confidential information as these functions can be related to financial, human resources and payroll data.
- Uses problem-solving skills to make recommendation to offer solutions to issues and challenges relating to people issues, operating policies, and practices.
- Applies knowledge through professional experience to complete moderately complex assignments and challenges within defined policy and according to objectives.
- Makes recommendations for continuous improvement relating to Carefor’s overall objectives, policy, and procedures.
- Works collaboratively with other members of the HR and broader Carefor team to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Acts in accordance with Carefor’s policies, values, and mission.
- Promotes and models a culture of health, safety, and wellness among peers.
- Other duties as required.
What We Are Looking For:
- Postsecondary education in Human Resources, administration and office technology or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum two years of demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- Experience using computer systems and software such as Windows, word processing software, spreadsheets, databases, the internet, email and HRIS.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Experience in administrative writing.
- Experience producing reports.
- Ability to produce high quality work under pressure while meeting strict deadlines.
- Initiative, autonomy, and sound judgement.
- Organizational skills.
- Experience working in a health care setting is an asset.
- Experience in a unionized environment is an asset.
- Bilingualism (French/English) candidates are preferred and will be considered over non-bilingual candidates.
What We Have to Offer You:
- Competitive base salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Flexible schedule and work arrangements
- Work life balance
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development opportunities
- A collaborative team culture that supports making a difference in the lives of our clients