“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: August 4, 2023
Are you a nurse that has not been employed in Ontario in the six months prior to being hired?
Carefor is a partner employer selected by Ontario Health to provide the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN). It provides $25,000 in grant funding to eligible nurses To see if you qualify go to: https://www.healthforceontario.ca/en/Home/All_Programs/Community_Commitment_Program_for_Nurses.
POSITION TITLE: Registered Nurse
Carefor Health & Community Services is in search of Registered Nurses in the Ottawa area who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of their clients in the community. A Registered Nurse with Carefor is an integral part of the Carefor Health Team and is responsible for the provision and management of nursing care to individuals and/or families in the community as well as teaching and delegating tasks to different members of the Visit Nursing Team.
Who We Are:
Carefor is Eastern Ontario’s largest home care and community support services not-for-profit with over 1,600 employees and an annual operating budget in excess of $65M. Carefor is unique in the region due to the comprehensive suite of services offered including professional services such as nursing, occupational therapy, social work, in-home physiotherapy and personal support services, as well as community support services such as meal delivery, non-urgent medical transportation, companion sitters, day programs, going home services, and homemaking. Carefor also owns and operates a number of residential care facilities offering retirement, respite, specialized supportive housing, and palliative care hospice services.
What You Will Do:
As a Registered Nurse in Carefor’s Visit Nursing Program, you will make a difference in the lives of your clients by completing relevant assessments and developing care plans based on those assessments with the client and their family. You will implement nursing strategies or interventions according to the care plan and perform technical nursing skills in accordance with nursing principles and Carefor’s policies and procedures.
You will evaluate, document and describe client/family responses to the care plan, and revise the plan as required on an ongoing basis. You will report and discuss the status of your client and their care on a regular basis with other members of the health care team to ensure the most appropriate and relevant care is being administered.
What We Are Looking For:
In our fast-paced, responsive, and caring environment, we are looking for a self-starter who has the experience and ability to jump in on day one with energy and enthusiasm.
The following items describe important experience and competency areas you have demonstrated in your current or previous roles in order to be successful in this role:
- You are registered in good standing with the College of Nurses in Ontario (CNO)
- You have excellent high tech skills (with IV restart)
- You possess a valid driver’s license and the use of a reliable vehicle
- You have excellent documentation skills
- You have the ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary practice
- You use the Nursing Process toward holistic case management care
- You have excellent problem solving skills and the ability to adapt nursing to independent practice
- You use your knowledge, skill, and judgement to support your clients and team members in the continuum of care
- You take initiative and you are passionate about caring for your clients
If you have the following, it would be considered an additional asset:
- Ability to converse in both official languages (English/French)
- Experience in palliative care
- You have LEAP training or are willing to take part as a requirement to palliative care provision
- Experience in community health care
What We Have to Offer You:
- Competitive base salary
- Defined Pension Plan with the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Health and dental benefits
- Defined benefit pension program
- Work life balance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities
- A collaborative team culture that supports making a difference in the lives of our clients
Our Nurses in the community are paid for their travel time as well as kilometers during travel between clients. We offer a paid orientation for our nurses for up to four weeks with ongoing educational opportunities.
Carefor will only provide employment to those who can provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to Human Rights exemption.
Carefor values equity, diversity and inclusion in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We are committed to providing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and a work environment that supports our diverse workforce. If you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know when contacted. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 8-40 per week
Salary: $29.56-$42.92 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ottawa-Gatineau, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) License through the CNO? (required)
- Driver's License and Reliable Vehicle? (required)
Work Location: In person