“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: July 25, 2023
The Senior Data Specialist, reporting to the Director, Quality, Performance, and Privacy, is responsible for data governance, system integrations, data migration, quality, analysis, and dashboard/reporting of performance measures to inform decision-making. The incumbent will provide leadership in Carefor’s collection, use, and reporting of data from Carefor’s various enterprise business intelligence tools (e.g., CRM and CPM systems, Finance, HR, and others) to drive operational efficiency and business decision support towards the achievement of strategic plan and operational objectives.
The Senior Data Specialist works closely with operational leaders and project managers to understand data and reporting needs. The incumbent fosters collaborative relationships with others involved in Carefor’s enterprise business intelligence tools, such as project teams, information technology, and application specialists, financial analysts, software vendors, and other key internal and external stakeholders. The incumbent must understand business operations and processes, business rules, and data integrity and be comfortable with change management processes. The Specialist will have a strong attention to detail, a natural curiosity, critical thinking skills, and a passion to support data-informed decision-making.
- Builds and maintains relationships with operational leaders and key internal stakeholders
- Familiarity with and adherence to best practices and current trends in data governance, data integrity, and reporting
- Designs implements and evaluates a data governance framework to guide the collection, retention, use, accessibility, and sharing of data for the organization
- Develops, documents, implements, and updates data policies, procedures, standards, ownership, decision rights, roles, and responsibilities, and accountability
- Develop a data classification methodology to ensure proper categorization and labeling based on PHI/PII sensitivity, criticality, and access
- Implements data quality processes including data cleansing, validation, and monitoring to ensure accuracy, consistency, and integrity of data across multiple business systems
- Works closely with Carefor leaders to identify data requirements for key performance indicators (KPIs) that will help determine timely program and organizational efficiency and effectiveness using an array of business intelligence and dynamic reporting tools
- Compiles organizes, analyzes, and communicates healthcare data to assist in delivering optimal healthcare management
- Shares and presents data via program and corporate dashboards and reports (using data models, queries, and integrations) to inform decision-making
- Anticipates privacy and other risks, assesses the severity of problems, and determines the impact on the organization. Takes appropriate action to mitigate and resolve them
- Promotes innovation and continuous improvement to support cultural change and position the organization for long-term success by helping to improve or build high-performing data governance processes
Key Qualifications, Experience, and Credentials
- A university degree in data analytics, computer science/information technology/business administration, or related discipline; a Master’s degree and advanced education in health information systems is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in data analysis, data manipulation, process mapping, and improvement, including at least 2 years working with enterprise business systems (SaaS or On-Prem).
- Resourceful and independently motivated; equipped with the ability to deal with issues and tasks proactively and simultaneously, with a calm demeanor and a customer-centric approach.
- Demonstrated capacity in problem-solving and providing a high level of business and data analysis in complex situations.
- Analytical and research abilities, critical thinking, and attention to details; experience in data reporting, ideally using integrated CRM business systems and planning tools that demonstrate analytical capacity in collecting, analyzing, and conveying large volumes of information with precision and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Ontario data privacy frameworks and strong business acumen.
- Solid understanding of the design of reporting/dashboards.
- Experience preparing and communicating key information to project stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational, time management, planning and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to effectively juggle multiple projects simultaneously and work under tight timelines.
- Knowledge of organizational change management strategies and process improvement frameworks.
- Advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables, data manipulation, analysis, and data modelling.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills to communicate concisely and confidently with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, public speaking experience an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and judgement in handling confidential or sensitive issues.
- Regular office environment with some flexibility for remote work; and
- Travel to various Carefor locations will be required regularly
Job Group: Non-Unionized
Salary range: $63,297.00 - $87,028.50/ Level5
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please let us know in your application if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity