“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: June 16, 2023
The Opportunity – Financial Analyst
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Financial Analyst is responsible for Financial Planning and Analysis activities including the preparation of financial statements, forecasts, budgets and operating reports, using Adaptive Planning and MS office tools.
The Financial Analyst provides analysis, project leadership, audit support and change management support for process improvement initiatives for Finance and operations. The ideal candidate thinks critically, can work collaboratively with staff at all levels and has the desire to improve process.
What You Will Do:
· Budget preparation, assumptions, and modelling, working closely with department and program managers to prepare budgets and forecasts.
· Develop worksheets, assumption sheets, reports, models, and integrations using Adaptive Planning by Workday.
· Assist in the training of department and program managers in the use of new reporting and budget tools.
· Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP, OHRS, and Carefor’s policies.
· Support the preparation of the monthly and quarterly financial reports for management and Board Committees.
· Monitor and analyze monthly variances to budget and trend analyses, work with program managers to understand program financial results and cost drivers on an ongoing basis.
· Support Ontario Health and other funder reporting requirements.
· Oversee and reconcile balance sheet and operating accounts and provide support for the year end external audit.
· Gather informational needs from across the organisation and provide summative documentation for process improvement projects.
· Provide leadership for processes improvement and system change projects; develop and communicate plans
· Proactively identify areas for improvement and make recommendations.
· Update and develop Finance policies and procedures.
Other accounting and administrative duties supporting the Finance team.
What We Are Looking For:
· Professional accounting designation (CPA)
· Successful completion of post-secondary education in Accounting/Business/Finance and/or equivalent program
· 3-5 years of relevant Finance/Accounting experience in a mid-sized organization.
· Strong accounting and payroll knowledge, solid analytical ability, and comfortable dealing with high volumes of data
· Knowledge of finance/accounting policies, procedures, and internal control requirements.
· Experience with business system and finance system implementations is an asset.
· Industry knowledge and experience in health care is an asset.
· Project management experience is an asset.
· Highly organized, energetic, detail-oriented, and analytically curious.
· Advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables, data manipulation, analysis, and data modelling.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Experience working in a professional business environment and effectively developing and implementing new processes to achieve desired results.
What We Have to Offer You:
· Competitive base salary
· Health and dental benefits
· Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
· Flexible schedule and work arrangements
· Work life balance
· Employee assistance program
· Professional development opportunities
· A collaborative team culture that supports making a difference in the lives of our clients
Carefor is Eastern Ontario’s largest home care and community support services not-for-profit with over 1,600 employees operating in Eastern Counties, Ottawa, and Pembroke-Renfrew County. Formerly the Victorian Order of Nurses, Carefor has been providing service in Ottawa for over 123 years. Carefor’s strength is our frontline staff and their commitment to providing high-quality and compassionate support to clients in need.
Please visit www.carefor.ca to learn about the range of programs and services we offer.
Carefor will only provide employment to those who can provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to Human Rights exemption.
Carefor values equity, diversity, and inclusion in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We are committed to providing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and a work environment that supports our diverse workforce. If you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please let your TA Coordinator know or contact us in confidence providing notice in advance. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.