“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: April 21, 2023
Program Assistant– Perley Adult Day Program
The Program Assistant works under the direct direction of the Supervisor and/or Team Leader, as well as in accordance with Carefor and Program policies, procedures and practices. The Program Assistant provides support for the program clients and their families and ensures clients well-being and safety.
You will make an impact in the following ways:
Assists with the implementation of the socio-recreational adult day programs. This includes but is not limited to:
- Set up and tear down of activities. Assist clients with and participate in social/group activities such as art, cards, billiards, board games, trivia games, etc.
- Participate in group discussions and individual conversations with clients regarding current events, life experiences, and any other topic of specific interest to the client
- Assists clients with daily exercise program and other physically active games
- Assists with the organization of special planned events
Assists clients with personal care and mobility
Functions and reports in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety legislation, regulations, and Carefor policies and procedures
Participates in health and safety training including WHMIS and applies this knowledge in the workplace
You will need to have:
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in one of the following: Personal Support Worker, Developmental Service Worker, Gerontology, Recreation, or Social Services Worker
- Experience working with seniors who have Alzheimer’s or Dementia required
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and caring attitude towards individuals from diverse backgrounds and with special needs
- Good Assessment skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to work independently
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate and CPR level C Certificate
- Completion of the Food Handler course
- Bilingualism French/English as asset
Carefor is Eastern Ontario’s largest home care and community support services not-for-profit with over 1,600 employees operating in Eastern Counties, Ottawa, and Pembroke-Renfrew County. Formerly the Victorian Order of Nurses, Carefor has been providing service in Ottawa for over 123 years.
Carefor will only provide employment to those who can provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to Human Rights exemption.
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please let us know in your application if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.