“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: July 5, 2022
Reference No: GH-22-5-0002
Reference No: GH-22-5-0002
Position: Team Leader, Community Support Services (Full-time & Non-union)
Hours of Work: 37.5/week
The Opportunity – Team Leader, Community Support Services
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local, charitable, non-profit home health care and community support service organization. We offer a wide range of programs and services, supporting clients of all ages-and their caregivers. Our skilled staff work closely with clients, caregivers, and other members within the circle of care, to create and deliver a flexible care plan that is tailored to the individual’s needs.
Guest House provides respite care, in both English and French, for persons in the early to mid-stage of dementia. Guest House is truly a “Home Away From Home.” It was built with individuals with dementia and their families in mind. It is a bungalow offering accommodation for guests in 12 private suites and a private secure garden. A stay at Guest House gives the individual with dementia an opportunity to continue daily routines in a safe home-like setting while their caregiver gets time away from day-to-day care. We strive to support individuals with dementia and their families in a comfortable and welcoming environment.
Under the direction of the Manager for Community Support Services, the Team Leader is responsible for planning, implementing, assisting, and revising the program plan. They are also responsible for Human Resources Coordination, Quality/Risk Management and the completion/tracking of the documentation to support individuals at the Guest House. While doing this they must ensure everything is done within the framework of Carefor policies, procedures and standards. The Team Leader collaborates with members of the program team in meeting the needs of individuals to attain optimal level of independence and well-being.
You will make an impact in the following ways:
- Observe, evaluates and reports to the Program Manager changes in guests physical, social, psychological, and cognitive well-being.
- Anticipates and monitors staffing needs and initiates appropriate action to maintain an adequate compliment of staff in consultation with the Program Manager
- Responsible for the overall planning, implementation, and evaluation of care and services to the clients of the Guest House
- Reviews received client referrals and schedules intake assessment with clients and caregivers.
- Coordinates client reservation admissions and discharges
- Provides support to family/caregivers and acts as a resource to them
- Ensures personal care is completed for the guests as a per Guests care plan, assisting with eating, dressing and personal hygiene
- Ensures medications and treatments are given to guests as per their plan of care
- Coaching and mentor Guest Assistants to facilitate their role in assisting guests in all aspects of daily living and personal care
- Overall monitoring and ordering of inventory such as: groceries, linens, cleaning supplies, paper products, etc.
- Take responsibility for crisis prevention and management. Review and perform emergency training exercises with staff.
- Reports the absence of or defect in any equipment or protective device of which he/she is aware.
- Assists in recruitment of new staff in collaboration with the program Manager and Human Resources
What we offer you:
- Competitive annualized $53, 566.50 ($27.47) to $70, 297.50 ($36.06).
- Health and dental benefits
- Defined benefit pension program
- Flexible schedule and work arrangements
- Work life balance
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development opportunities
- A collaborative team culture that supports making a difference in the lives of our client
You will need to have:
- Certificate, Degree, or Diploma in relevant social services discipline; developmental services
- Minimum of three (3) years previous experience working in a related field with clients who have dementia
- Strong communication skills and ability to build rapport with participants, families, and community partners
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, Internet, and web-based referral tools
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills while working as part of a team
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate and CPR level C Certificate
- Experience working with and supporting volunteers
- Bilingualism (French/English) is firm.
- Carefor will only provide employment to those who can provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to Human Rights exemption.
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please let us know in your application if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity