“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
The Opportunity – Manager, Information Technology
Reporting to the Director, Information Technology, the Manager Information Technology is responsible for overall management of IT Support Services, Telecommunications, and Systems (Network) Administration functions throughout Carefor.
In this role, the manager will liaise and collaborate with Operations and other support teams to ensure proper security controls over equipment and data and compliance with internal and external funder requirements to promote a mindset of continuous improvement and cost effectiveness.
The Manager coaches and mentors’ staff to achieve individual and organizational objectives related to IT user support and plays an active role in planning, promoting, and implementing IT system changes and enhancements.
What you will do:
- Manage a team of IT professionals. Provide direction, support, and guidance to staff, and support staff in accordance with operating plans and performance objectives
- In conjunction with the IT Support Supervisor, perform human resource management activities including recruitment, selection, continuing education, performance development
- Maintain and update IT policies and procedures and ensure that they adhere to legal standards and Carefor’s practices and policies.
- Direct and oversee IT infrastructure for workstations, servers, mobile and other networked equipment including back-up and recovery processes
- Manage the security, deployment, patching and upgrade of networked systems, applications and introduction of new technology
- Research and make recommendations on new technology. Participate in the budgeting and forecasting process for technology spending on IT services and personnel.
- Manage and evaluate vendors and service providers. Oversee service agreements, warranties and license management processes
- Develop and utilize metrics to identify and analyze trends and issues and to support continuous improvement
- Perform management duties and responsibilities as described in Occupational Health and Safety Legislation and Carefor Policies & Procedures
- Develop KPI metrics and management reports for the department
- Participate in the on-call resource (OCR) management rotation. Evening and weekend availability required for issues resolution and after-hours projects
As the ideal candidate you have:
- Post-Secondary Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field plus four or more years of progressive experience supporting IT operations in a multi-site operation or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Advanced knowledge and experience with cloud-based business systems
- Experience implementing enterprise business systems and MS 365 is an asset
- 3-5+ years experience working in a supervisory capacity, preferably in a unionized environment
- Advanced knowledge of networks, routers, operating systems and server architectures, ideally in virtual (Hyper-V) environment
- Project management experience and PMP certification considered an asset
- Overall knowledge of programming concepts, operating systems, server architectures, privacy and security standards and practices
- Ability to effectively communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience Ability to manage projects and initiatives, to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Health Care system experience is an asset
- Regular office environment with some flexibility for remote work
- Travel to various Carefor locations may be required occasionally
What we offer you:
- Competitive base salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Defined benefit pension program
- Flexible schedule and work arrangements
- Work life balance
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development opportunities
- A collaborative team culture that supports making a difference in the lives of our clients
Carefor is Eastern Ontario’s largest home care and community support services not-for-profit with over 1,600 employees operating in Eastern Counties, Ottawa, and Pembroke-Renfrew County. Formerly the Victorian Order of Nurses, Carefor has been providing service in Ottawa for over 123 years.
Please visit www.carefor.ca to learn about the range of programs and services we offer to the Champlain Region.
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please let us know in your application if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.
Carefor will only provide employment to those who can provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to Human Rights exemption.
Carefor values equity, diversity and inclusion in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We are committed to providing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and a work environment that supports our diverse workforce. If you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please let your TA Coordinator know or contact us in confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org providing notice in advance. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.