“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: November 19, 2021
The Opportunity – Manager, Human Resources Operations
Carefor Health & Community Services is in search of a Manager, Human Resources Operations to support tracking and processing of all employee lifecycle activities, administer Carefor’s total rewards strategy and offerings (pension, benefits, compensation and classification), manages the HR Information System (HRIS) and provides data and reporting outputs to support the business and supports all employee Health and Safety Functions.
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the Manager plays a key role in ensuring confidentiality and integrity of employee and HR data, and liaises with the Finance team to ensure accuracy of information and proper maintenance of controls. As the primary business owner of the HR Information System, the Manager works closely with the Director, HR and the IT team to identify system barriers and improvement opportunities, and is highly involved in any system upgrades or changes.
The Manager is aware of and maintains up to date knowledge of any changes to relevant legislation (e.g., Employment Standards Act, etc.), and is accountable for ensuring that Carefor’s practices are aligned with legislative requirements at all times.
The Manager supports consistent and standardized HR processes, and approaches this support with a mindset of continuous quality improvement while promoting a culture of teamwork, learning and ensuring that the team is supported with training, tools/resources as needed to be successful.
The Manager coaches and mentors staff to achieve individual and program objectives and plays an active role in planning, promoting implementing and evaluating HR programs and services.
What you will do:
- Provides direction, support, and guidance to HR professionals across varied domains (e.g. HR data administration, HR systems and analytics, total rewards and employee health and safety)
- Contributes to recruitment/retention of HR staff, including maintaining staffing complement, on-boarding, performance management and discipline, professional development, etc.
- Coaches, leads, trains and supports staff in achieving client service excellence and in attaining individual and operational performance objectives
- Promotes team building and the effective resolution of team or interpersonal conflict
- Manages the budget for the HR programs within scope of responsibility as well as the staffing complement of the team
- Leveraging a collaborative approach, contributes to the development of new HR programs and services to meet evolving organizational and employee needs
- Promotes continuous quality improvement by monitoring, measuring and evaluating program metrics, and identifying issues and opportunities for improvement
- Supports the enablement of consistent and standardized HR processes and approaches
- Ensures confidentiality and integrity of employee and HR data, and liaises with the Finance team to ensure accuracy of information and proper maintenance of controls
- Works closely with the Director, HR and the IT team to identify system barriers and improvement opportunities, and is highly involved in any system upgrades or changes
- Provides centralized support for all employee health and safety activities
- Ensures integrity of the organization’s compensation protocols including oversight of salary administration guidelines
- Supports with labour relations strategies regarding total rewards programs
- Works collaboratively with other members of the management team to achieve organizational goals and objectives
- Ensures that all activities within range of accountability are conducted in accordance with established legal, regulatory, and organizational policies and procedures
- Promotes and models a culture of health, safety and wellness among staff and peers
- Adheres to all requirements of a Supervisor under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Carefor Policies & Procedures
- Monitors and ensures employee compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Carefor Policies & Procedures
As the ideal candidate you have:
- Undergraduate degree in business administration/human resources or related field. Master’s degree is an asset. CHRL designation is an asset.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in human resources, ideally in a health care setting, with demonstrated progression in responsibilities. Direct management experience is an asset.
- Experience managing projects involving multiple stakeholders and familiarity with change management principles and methodology.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional client service orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to use discretion and maintain high degree of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of HR systems and experience with HR metrics and data analytics.
- Effective problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to manage multiple, time sensitive priorities.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g., Employment Standards Act, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act).
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Bilingualism (French/English) considered an asset.
- Regular office environment with some flexibility for remote work
- Travel to various Carefor locations may be required occasionally
What we offer you:
- Competitive base salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Defined benefit pension program
- Flexible schedule and work arrangements
- Work life balance
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development opportunities
- A collaborative team culture that supports making a difference in the lives of our clients
Please submit your cover letter and résumé in confidence to Jen Osseni, Director Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org by December 5, 2021. Please note that all applications will be acknowledged. Those selected for an interview will be contacted directly. Compensation will be market competitive and will be dependent on your qualifications and experience. The posting will remain active on our website until our search process is complete. We anticipate the 1st round of interviews to begin the week of December 13th.
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please contact us in confidence at Jobs@carefor.ca and provide notice in advance if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process.
All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity. Carefor will only provide employment to those who can provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical/Human Rights exemption.