“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
THE OPPORTUNITY – Supervisor, Community Support Services
Carefor Health & Community Services is in search of a Community Support Services Supervisor who takes pride in ensuring the highest quality client care services possible. Reporting to the Manager, Community Support Services; the successful candidate provides supervision, direction, guidance and advice to staff and volunteers.
In this role, you would provide leadership to an inter-disciplinary team supervising and contributing to the evaluation of staff, providing – in some cases virtual - leadership and coaching to assist staff with professional development and achievement of service and program goals.
You will do this by collaborating with members of your team in meeting the needs of individuals to promote independent living, increase quality of life, well-being and ensuring an optimal level of care and programming in accordance with Carefor’s Mission and Values.
What You Will Do:
- Supervises employees/volunteers in the CSS department including performance management, attendance management and disciplinary actions.
- Supports program development, promotion, and evaluation
- Assess community needs and modifies programs and services accordingly
- Acts as a resource for staff/volunteers to provide support and assistance when necessary.
- Schedule, plan, and co-lead staff meetings with manager within Program/s.
- Assists and actively participates in the recruitment, training, support, and orientation of new staff/students.
- Assists with the tracking, planning and coordination of existing staff training
- Prepares work schedules, assigns duties on the basis of work priorities, availability, and skill level of staff
- Works collaboratively with other department managers/supervisors within a multidisciplinary team and across the organization.
- Provides complete, relevant assessments of the client/family/caregivers and their environment utilizing established program procedures and guidelines.
- Describes and documents assessment findings utilizing established procedures
- Documents problem(s) identified using a specified framework and focuses care on appropriate problem areas utilizing established procedures
- Describes and documents client’s/family’s responses to care utilizing established procedures
- Promptly describes and documents objectively all details relating to incidents involving clients, staff, and students within the database
- Liaise with external community partners to ensure effective provision of service delivery such as Health Links, CCTC, Community Mental Health, Regional Hospitals, Regional CSS partners, home and community care partners
- Negotiates with client/family/caregivers during delivery of care and respects client choices and decisions
- Plans, implements, evaluates and adjusts care in accordance with client-focused expectations
- Describes rationale for acceptance, refusal, and/or discharge of clients based on relevant, sound data and established guidelines
- Provides cost-effective, organized, outcome directed care on an ongoing basis in collaboration with the Manager
- Works collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team and acts as a clinical resource and mentor for other care providers, staff and students
- Participates in decision making and follows up to promote continuous quality improvement
- Identifies and analyses areas for improvement in work processes and improves these areas with the rest of the team
- Functions in accordance with the Carefor policies, procedures and strategic direction of Carefor
- Functions and reports in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety legislation, applicable regulations, and Carefor policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
What We Are Looking For:
In our fast-paced, responsive, and caring environment, we are looking for a self-starter CSS Supervisor who has the experience and ability to jump in on day one with energy and enthusiasm to advance best practices offering flexibility and adoptability. You will not be daunted by the various areas we would like you to focus on, as you enjoy the challenge of knowing there is always a list of priorities and you enjoy supporting a team to accomplish great things. You are unwavering as you will be working in an environment undergoing transformation and are open to exploring new ideas as a team and then contributing to the successful implementation of those ideas.
As the ideal candidate you have:
- Degree/diploma/certificate in Social Services or other related field.
- Bilingualism (French/English) is required
- 3 years’ experience in community healthcare capacity. An acceptable combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Experience in supervising staff and/or volunteers
- Experience in scheduling and coordinating
- Knowledge of OHS, Infection Prevention and Control, and WHMIS
- Experience in handling confidential information
- Experience using information technology systems (Microsoft suite including Excel, scheduling software)Experience working with clients who have dementia, Alzheimer’s, and mental illnesses an asset
- Experience and knowledge of InterRAI CHA, CIMS, Caredove, Gentle Persuasive Approach, Non-violent Crisis Prevention Intervention an asset
- Some (limited) experience and knowledge in some HR policies and procedures as well as the employment standards act as it relates to employee rights and employer rights and responsibilities.
- Mental health and dementia training is considered an asset
What We Have to Offer You:
- Competitive base salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Defined benefit pension program
- Flexible schedule and work arrangements
- Work life balance
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development opportunities
- A collaborative team culture that supports making a difference in the lives of our clients
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please contact us in confidence at HR@Carefor.ca and provide notice in advance if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.
Carefor will only provide employment to those who can provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to Human Rights exemption.