“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: October 15, 2021
The Dietitian is responsible for the assessment, treatment, consultation and counseling to clients and their families in the community. The Dietitian will be able to provide clinically effective and cost efficient care to the client using a client centred approach that includes development of a client care plan, provision of dietetic teaching and treatment in order to enable the client to achieve the care plan goals.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Reviews pertinent history and medical information; Evaluates client and establishes care plan
- Implements strategies or interventions according to the established care plan, revises as required
- Evaluates, describes and documents client’s/family’s progress towards the achievement of outcomes
- Documents client care activity clearly and accurately in a concise fashion according to Carefor standards
- Demonstrates evidence of consultation and negotiation with client/family during delivery of care
- Utilizes adult learning principals and established teaching materials to provide health teaching to clients and families
- Identifies and utilizes appropriate tools and resources to deliver care and manages these responsibly.
- Promotes client-directed care, self-care and independence through teaching Refers clients to appropriate levels and type of care and to other disciplines utilizing established guidelines
- Registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and able to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making and analysis
- The ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, (G2 level).
- Use of a reliable vehicle that is insured for business use
- 3-5 years Clinical practice experience preferred
- Experience in community health preferred
- Bilingualism (French/English) is considered an asset
We will only provide employment to those who can provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to Human Rights exemption.
Carefor values equity, diversity and inclusion in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We are committed to providing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and a work environment that supports our diverse workforce. If you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please let your TA Coordinator know or contact us in confidence providing notice in advance. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.