“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
The Opportunity – Health Records Clerk
As part of Canada Summer Jobs Program, Carefor is looking for a Health Records Clerk.
The Records Department is responsible for ensuring the secure storage of (primarily) client information. Historically, records have been maintained in a paper format but have steadily evolved to be maintained in an electronic or digital format. The tasks of the Health Records Clerk is to support the Coordinator in compiling, filing and possibly scanning the paper records in order to prepare them for long term storage.
The Records Clerk will be supervised by the Records Coordinator, who will support the student's learning and understanding of the policies and procedures related to records management.
The successful candidate will be mentored by the Records Coordinator to encourage development of job skills including data organization, time management, and reliability as well as gaining information about secure Health Records Management. The mentoring plan will include goals the new staff would like to achieve by end of the placement as well as goals discussed to provide the student with a rich learning environment (further understanding of basic job skills including time management, reliability, flexibility, and team dynamics, etc).
The Records Coordinator works on site a few days/week and is available to provide regular support.
This is opportunity can be 30 hours per week for 9 weeks, or 20 hours per week for 14 weeks.
What you will do:
- Assist in managing folders structure for both paper-based records management system and electronic records management system.
- Provide support for records management projects and assist records department with the transition from paper records to electronic records.
- Assist with reorganization of current physical records storage
- Assists in chart retrieval, sorting and filing
- Provide administrative back up for various duties as the need arises
- Provide administrative support to administration and finance departments as required.
- Other duties are assigned.
You will also learn:
- The policies guiding secure Health Records Management;
- The process of compiling, filing & scanning paper records;
- The process of preparing client records (in a paper format) for long term storage.
What we are looking for:
- Active enrollment in a post-secondary records or business related programs or Health or Business Administration.
- Good verbal and written skills, good work ethic
- Responsible time management skills
- Detail oriented with some multi-tasking
- Ability to work with a variety of people in the organization
- Demonstrated computer proficiency working in an MS Office environment is essential, including Word, Excel and Internet functions
- Previous records management/administration experience is an asset
- Must be between 15 – 30 years old to be eligible to enroll in the Canada Summer Jobs program.
What we offer you:
- Flexible schedule and work arrangements
- Work life balance
- A collaborative team culture that supports making a difference in the lives of our clients
Carefor is Eastern Ontario’s largest home care and community support services not-for-profit with over 1,400 employees operating in Eastern Counties, Ottawa, and Pembroke-Renfrew County. Formerly the Victorian Order of Nurses, Carefor has been providing services for over 124 years.
Please visit www.carefor.ca to learn about the range of programs and services we offer to the Champlain Region.
Please submit your résumé through our website. Please note that all applications will be acknowledged. Those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Carefor will only provide employment to those who can provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to Human Rights exemption.
Carefor values equity, diversity and inclusion in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We are committed to providing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and a work environment that supports our diverse workforce. If you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please let your TA Coordinator know or contact us in confidence providing notice in advance. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity