“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: September 7, 2021
The Opportunity – Part-time Bilingual Client Services Coordinator Float
The Client Services Coordinator works as part of a team to implement Carefor’s approved or prescribed processes to ensure every client visit is properly scheduled, every service provider’s caseload is properly assigned and client expectations are met. The Client Services Coordinator also maintains accurate documentation and communications to clients, service providers and other users. A Client Services Coordinator may have to manage client expectations to ensure the expected service level is achieved.
Hours of work: Mondays, Fridays and every second weekend. Shifts may be scheduled between 6am and 11pm.
You will make an impact in the following ways:
- Schedules service providers for client visits in areas assigned by manager
- Provides work schedules to staff that meet client needs and maximize continuity of care;
- Keeps up-to-date with daily changes such as staff availability, changes in client service authorizations and/or care plans
- Ensures client and service provider information is accurate and up-to-date in the scheduling database
- Provides timely information, through the use of communication technology (telephone, fax, e-mail, voice-mail), to field staff, services providers, co-workers, Managers and Supervisors, clients and customers
- Verifies visit confirmations from field staff and processes in a timely manner to be processed by the billing department
- Verifies payroll information for field staff in a timely manner ensuring accuracy of hours, mileage, stats and premiums.
- Contacts LHIN regarding discrepancies in frequency, authorization for extra visits or not seen/ not found visits, extensions to planned review dates
- Works collaboratively as part of a team willing to assist others and mentor new staff
- Contributes to the principles of customer-focused service and continuous quality improvement
- Functions and completes all duties in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety legislation, regulations, and Carefor policies, procedures, and standards
What we offer you:
- Competitive base salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Defined benefit pension program
- Flexible schedule and work arrangements
- Work life balance
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development opportunities
- A collaborative team culture that supports making a difference in the lives of our clients
You will need to have:
- Diploma or Degree from an accredited College or University is considered an asset
- Previous scheduling experience preferred
- Experience using database software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Accurate and efficient computer data-entry skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology is considered an asset
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage coinciding demands, and demonstrated flexibility to adjust priorities to meet changing demands and circumstances
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and professional demeanor
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate activities
- Must be able to work independently and within a team
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Bilingualism (French/English) mandatory
Carefor is Eastern Ontario’s largest home care and community support services not-for-profit with over 1,600 employees operating in Eastern Counties, Ottawa, and Pembroke-Renfrew County. Formerly the Victorian Order of Nurses, Carefor has been providing service in Ottawa for over 123 years.
Carefor will only provide employment to those who can provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to Human Rights exemption.
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please let us know in your application if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.