“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
We are currently looking for a professional and motivated HR Administrator to join our dynamic HR team!
This role offers the opportunity to join a strong team dedicated to maintaining and enhancing Carefor’s human resources function, by providing diverse expertise across all functional areas of HR. In this role, you will provide a broad range of administrative support and effective process facilitation across the different functional areas of HR including recruitment, compliance, employee relations, total rewards, and talent management, to help drive business results.
This is a 3- months contract opportunity with a possibility for an extension
You will make an impact in the following ways:
- Prepare onboarding materials for new employee orientation
- Assist preparation of transfer letters for internal positions using established templates, when necessary
- Collect required documentation and credential verification from new employees ensuring all documentation is received
- Maintain and update the employee electronic files and tracking employee end of probation and end of work permit dates
- Enter and update employee information in the HRIS, and process changes to employee information
- Receive, review and process employee and position change requests
- Prepare recurring and ad hoc reports, presentations, and documents for, and on behalf of, the HR Director, using the HRIS or other data sources including reports and presentations for the Board of Directors
- Administer employee surveys, compile data and reports on results
- Track and administer salary increments and service milestones
- Track performance evaluation results maintain schedule of performance evaluations
- Prepare, post, and distribute seniority lists and address lists in accordance with Collective Agreements
- Create and maintain departmental paper and electronic files. Maintain records of off-site file storage for the department and retrieve files as necessary
- Assist in the set-up and operation of hiring fairs, when necessary
- Administer the exit interview program by sending interview questionnaires, arranging interviews and compiling and reporting on results
We are looking for an individual who is:
- self-aware and innovative, can work under their own initiative and is equipped with the ability to deal with issues and tasks proactively and simultaneously, with a calm demeanor and a customer-centric approach
- highly organized, boundlessly energetic, detail-oriented, and analytically curious
- able to work independently as well as with stakeholders under pressure and meet deadlines
- strong analytical thinking and research abilities, critical thinker, with high attention to details
- flexible and able to adapt to frequent changes within a fast-paced environment
- able to proactively provide effective, timely solutions
- good in organizational, time management, planning, and prioritizing skills
- strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate concisely and confidently with stakeholders at all levels of the organization. Public speaking experience an asset
- able to exercise discretion and judgment in handling confidential or sensitive issues.
You will need to have:
- Education in human resources, business administration, office administration, or a related field
- Minimum two years demonstrated experience in administrative support or a similar role
- Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills
- Experience in a Human Resources department and/or working with an HRIS is an asset
- Experience with QuadrantHR or other HRMS systems is an asset
- Working towards CHRP is preferred
What we offer you:
- In lieu of payment for Health and dental benefits
- In lieu of payment for vacation days
- Flexible schedule and work arrangements
- Work-life balance
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development opportunities
- A collaborative team culture
Carefor is Eastern Ontario’s largest home care and community support services not-for-profit with over 1,400 employees operating in Eastern Counties, Ottawa, and Pembroke-Renfrew County. Formerly the Victorian Order of Nurses, Carefor has been providing service in Ottawa for over 123 years.
Please visit www.carefor.ca to learn about the range of programs and services we offer to the Champlain Region.
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please let us know if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.