“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: June 8, 2021
Carefor Health & Community Services is currently searching for 6 Full-Time Personal Support Workers (PSWs) to service our clients in the Orleans area specifically in the “High Intensity Support at Home Program”. This program is designed to provide intensive, supportive care to clients with complex care needs that require a high level of care to stay at home safely. Staff would be expected to follow a schedule that has been thoughtfully planned out by the LHIN Care Coordinator and PSS supervisor to identify clients that are prioritized in a specific sequence each day according to their care needs.[WS1]
What you will do:
The Personal Support Worker is a critical role within our communities as it positively affects the lives of clients and ignites the warmth of human connection. You will be making a difference in the lives of your clients each day by providing personal care, delegated exercise programs, and activities of daily living (ADLs) as prescribed by each client’s individual care plan while collaborating with all members of the health care team to meet the needs of individuals to attain their optimal level of independence and well-being.
You will make an impact on the lives of clients in the following ways:
- Assist in the activities of daily living including eating, dressing, transferring, toileting, grooming, and bathing
- Provide cognitive, social, and compassionate support
- Document reports for clients on their plan of care and any changes in the behavior of daily routines
To provide optimal service to our clients as a Full-Time Personal Support Worker, we require that you are capable of making a commitment of at least 75 hours Bi-weekly, be flexible to accommodate day shifts from 7:00 am-3:00 pm or evening shifts from 2:00 pm-10:00 pm and commit to shifts every second weekend (both Saturday and Sunday). To support planning, we offer you a schedule 2 weeks in advance.
What we offer you:
- Competitive wages (which include the new Provincial government $3/hr. wage enhancement)
- Premiums for evening and weekend shifts
- Health and dental benefits
- Defined benefit pension program
- Paid Travel and time
- Paid 3-day orientation
- Paid continuing education, training, and professional development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Smart phone (for work use only)
- All necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Flexible work schedules
- 24/7 on-call Supervisors’ support
- Opportunities for growth
- A collaborative, diverse, and inclusive team culture
What we are looking for:
- Certificate in Home Support Worker (Level II, III), Personal Support Worker or Developmental Service Worker program, Health Care Aide, Foreign-Trained BScN or Doctor, Paramedic Graduate, BScN Nursing Student, or second year RPN student.
- National Academy of Careers Colleges Certificate, if applicable
- Your ability to manage confidential information
- Your ability to work independently
- Your ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal
- You can provide a Vulnerable Sector check (obtained within the previous six months)
- You are comfortable working in various social and economic environments
- You can provide up to date immunizations for diphtheria, tetanus, polio, rubella and hepatitis
- You can provide a Negative tuberculosis test
- You are comfortable using a smartphone to communicate with clients and Carefor office staff by phone and email
- You are comfortable using a smartphone for screening and security applications (apps)
- Experience with Palliative Care is considered an asset
Carefor is Eastern Ontario’s largest home care and community support services a not-for-profit with over 1,600 employees operating in Eastern Counties, Ottawa, and Pembroke-Renfrew County. Formerly the Victorian Order of Nurses, Carefor has been providing service in Ottawa for over 123 years. Carefor’s strength is our frontline staff and their commitment to providing high quality and compassionate support to clients in need.
Please visit www.carefor.ca to learn about the range of programs and services we offer to the Champlain Region.
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please let us know in your application if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.