“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: April 19, 2021
Position(s): Senior Business Systems Analyst - CPM
The Senior Business Systems Analyst – CPM, reporting to the Controller is responsible for the development and evolution of Carefor’s business intelligence tool (Adaptive Insights) to support organizational decisions. The incumbent provides leadership, analysis, and project management for improvement initiatives supporting operations and finance.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst – CPM will coordinate and manage relationships with project sponsors and stakeholders, project team members, vendors, and all other key individuals/groups involved with the system. The incumbent must gain a solid understanding of the business operations and works to advance Adaptive to provide reliable strategic business information to stakeholders.
As the ideal candidate you are:
- a self-aware, innovative, and resourceful person who can work under their own initiative and is equipped with the ability to deal with issues and tasks proactively and simultaneously, with a calm demeanor and a customer-centric approach
- highly organized, boundlessly energetic, detail-oriented, and analytically curious
- able work with stakeholders under pressure and meet deadlines
- good in analytical and research, critical thinker, with high attention to details
- able to be flexible, encourage and enable change
- able to proactively provide effective, timely solutions
- good in organizational, time management, planning, and prioritizing skills
- strong in written and verbal communications skills to communicate concisely and confidently with stakeholders at all level of the organization, public speaking experience an asset
- able to exercise discretion and judgment in handling confidential or sensitive issues.
What we offer you
- Competitive base salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Defined benefit pension program
- Flexible schedule and work arrangements
- Work-life balance
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development opportunities
- A collaborative team culture that supports making a difference in the lives of our clients
- You will make an impact in the following ways: Build relationships with project sponsors and key internal and external stakeholders, project team members, vendors and all other key individuals/groups as needed; Facilitate steering committee and project t
- Facilitate steering committee and project team meetings to drive project decision making and governance;
- Gather stakeholder needs and documents requirements to develop functional specifications;
- Regularly monitor projects and maintains metrics to ensure delivery success and compliance;
- Track lessons learned and make recommendations on how to improve and avoid previously seen barriers and challenges;
- Define assumptions and modeling scenarios and works closely with department and program managers to develop business plans, budgets and forecasts;
- Monitor and analyze monthly variances to budget and trend analyses, work with the program managers to understand program financial results and cost drivers on an ongoing basis;
- Business analysis: Provide professional expertise, analyzes business and strategic needs as well as recommends sound and justified solutions within Adaptive to help monitor timely quantitative data related to the Organization’s operations, solve business
- Data analysis: Provide quantitative processes/data analysis of Organization-wide data sources and prepares documentation explaining data source, trends, comparisons and business knowledge discoveries as it relates to Org's population and operations
- Documentation: Write business requirements definitions, data dictionaries, technical and business process documentation as it relates to BI development work and ensures these are accessible and readily available to all clients and stakeholders
- System Operation and Maintenance: Ensure applications under his or her responsibility are in good working order, that the user permissions & data access are understood, documented, and approved documentation is up-to-date and relevant and that appropriate
- Reporting: Ensures timely delivery of reporting as required by leadership to serve operational and strategic management. Ensures data quality and design reports that help users gain insights and make a better fact-based business decision;
- Promotion and change management: Plays a key role to promote the value of Adaptive and to support cultural changes related to the utilization of Adaptive to support operational and strategic decision making;
- Continuous improvement: Promote innovation and continuous improvement. Continually seeks optimal business intelligence processes performance. Works with managers and leadership to support cultural change and position the organization for long-term success
- Risk Assessment: Anticipate risks and issues in plans and requirements and takes appropriate action to mitigate and resolve them. Ensure that designs are implemented into a solution that is fully tested, functional and accurate. Oversee the smooth transit
- Design: complete solutions to complex business problems applicable in a wide array of organization operations using specialized technology unique to the world of business intelligence, including conceptual and logical data models,
- Design static and dynamic reporting tools. Integrate current systems used including Great Plains Dynamics (GP), GoldCare (GC), Quadrant, and CIMS. Ensures that each unique need is adequately served;
- Project management: Establish project steps, milestones, and timetables including analyzing and estimating feasibility, time, and compatibility with application and other programs in order to ensure completion within the established timeframe.
- 4-6 years of relevant finance/Accounting experience with financial reporting, budgets and forecasts, ideally using integrated business planning tools.
- 3-5 years of experience in business requirements analysis, process mapping, process improvement, and project management, including at least 2 years working on systems-based requirements.
- Demonstrated success in gap analysis and design as part of a business transformation in a similar-sized or larger organization
- A university degree in Business or Accounting disciplines
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) qualification is preferred
- Experience preparing and communicating key information to project stakeholders
- Business acumen – understanding of enterprise systems, financial systems, and flows
- Knowledge of organizational change management strategies and process improvement frameworks.
- Advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables, data manipulation, analysis, and data modeling
- Experience working in a professional business environment and effectively developing and implementing new processes to achieve desired results
- Demonstrated capacity to provide a high level of business and data analysis in complex situations
- Experience working in a health care environment and/or working in a non-profit organization is considered an asset
- Experience with Adaptive system implementation and maintenance is considered an asset
- Ability to converse in both official languages is considered an asset
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
If you feel this position is for you and would like to be a part of the Carefor Team, please apply by filling out the form below indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying.
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please let us know if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. You can reach us at HR@Carefor.ca. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.