“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: April 8, 2021
The Physiotherapy Assistant (PTA) or Occupational therapy Assistant (OTA) provides clinical care for assigned clients under the direction and supervision of the Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist (OT). The PTA/OTA works to actively rehabilitate each client to achieve his/her maximum functional level through planned and supervised therapeutic programs. The PTA/OTA is responsible for monitoring the progress of clients and reporting to the physiotherapist or OT. The PTA/OTA may perform associated functions to support service delivery such as stocking supplies or maintaining equipment. The PTA ensures the safety, comfort and privacy of clients. As a member of a team, the PTA/OTA participates in discipline-specific and interdisciplinary activities that are directed towards a client-centered care environment and that contributes to operational efficiency, professional and program development.
The PTA/OTA may work autonomously in a variety of settings including the community delivering services to clients and families by following the treatment plan of the Physiotherapist or OT. Thorough knowledge of the scope of practice of a PTA/OTA and good judgment is critical in this role.
· Demonstrate understanding of the principles of rehabilitation and the rehabilitation process
· Knowledge of anatomy, common injures and diseases, basic stretching and strengthening exercises
· Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work in a dynamic environment with excellent time management and organizational skills
· Demonstrate ability to prioritize responsibilities and tasks and complete scheduled work as assigned
· Possess good critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Physical ability to do job duties as assigned; demonstrated knowledge of body mechanics
· Demonstrate commitment to continuing education
· Demonstrate professional work attitude and behaviours
· Demonstrate a client centred attitude and commitment to client centred care
· Demonstrate ability to collaborate effectively with other team members.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision with proven reliability and trustworthiness
· Two year Physiotherapy Assistant Diploma or a degree in human Kinetics (Kinesiology)
· Minimum of 2 years recent related experience in adult physical medicine gained in a community, rehabilitation or long-term care setting
· Ability to speak, read & write the English language
· Proficiency in using a computer for email and completion of reports
· Proven attendance and work record
· Bilingualism (French/English) required
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please contact us in confidence at HR@Carefor.ca and provide notice in advance if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.
Carefor welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Recruiter.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.