“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: January 22, 2021
Reference No: 021-002
The Opportunity – Fundraising and Marketing Assistant – Term
Carefor Health & Community Services is in search of a Fundraising and Marketing Assistant for a 9 month term. Under the direction of the Manager, Marketing, Communications and Fundraising; the Fundraising and Marketing Assistant will provide coordination and administrative support to the marketing, communications and fundraising team, as required. The Assistant will be responsible for a variety of coordination and administrative duties, including updating websites, databases and social media accounts, dashboards and reports, maintaining brand standards and graphic design and assisting with fundraising, special events, donor engagement and other fundraising activities. The Assistant will also be responsible for coordinating volunteers for fundraising and marketing activities when required.
Who we are
Carefor is Eastern Ontario’s largest home care and community support services not-for-profit with over 1,600 employees. Formerly the Victorian Order of Nurses, Carefor has been providing service in Ottawa for over 123 years. Carefor’s strength is our frontline staff and their commitment to providing high quality and compassionate support to clients in need.
Carefor is unique in the region due to the comprehensive suite of services offered including professional services such as nursing, occupational therapy, social work, in-home physiotherapy and personal support services, as well as community support services such as meal delivery, non-urgent medical transportation, companion sitters, day programs, going home services, and homemaking. Carefor also owns and operates a number of residential care facilities offering retirement, respite, specialized supportive housing, and palliative care hospice services.
Please visit www.carefor.ca and visit the pages for Eastern Counties, Ottawa, and Pembroke-Renfrew County to appreciate the depth and range of Carefor programs and services offered to the Champlain Region.
Operating in alignment with our values of respect, responsiveness, partnership, innovation and excellence, Carefor celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment to help people be their best, whether that be our staff through support and training or our clients through high-quality care and services.
What you will do:
Communications and Marketing
- Updates and maintains the Carefor website and sub-sites, and other social media accounts
- Monitors the firstname.lastname@example.org and Twitter and Facebook accounts for messages, researches and responds to all inquiries appropriately
- Monitors and tracks social media channels providing analytics and reports
- Utilizes InDesign and other computer programs to create ads and appeals for marketing and fundraising purposes
- Supports in recruitment marketing activities including ad design and posting, vendor relations and tracking
- Provides support in the development of Intranet and website, including project coordination, content development, monitoring, updating, and testing.
- Assists with preparation and execution of Carefor events (fundraising and external marketing events) such as ordering supplies, communicating with hosts and vendors, tracking attendance, setting up venues, and helping to ensure overall success of events
- Updates and maintains donor databases including constituent and volunteer data coding and inputting, and direct donor engagement
- Coordinates donor mails outs, via direct mail or e-mail
- Tracks and reports on fundraising revenues and expenses
- Monitors for RFPs and funding opportunities
- Provides direct support to members of the marketing and fundraising team in all three regions as directed by verbal or written instruction
- Communicates with external vendors for a variety of purposes, such as obtaining quotes
- Completes accurate and appropriate filing and tracking of correspondence, cards, invoices, and receipts
- Completes all functions and tasks in compliance with Carefor branding guidelines, Carefor policies and procedures, Occupational Health and Safety Standards and other relevant legislation
- Other responsibilities as assigned
What we offer you
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible schedule and work arrangements
- Work life balance
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development opportunities
- A collaborative team culture that supports making a difference in the lives of our clients
What we are looking for
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in marketing, communications, or fundraising
- Minimum 2 years of direct work experience in an administrative assistant capacity
- Basic bookkeeping experience and knowledge of accounting principles
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Ability to liaise with clients in a professional manner, forming strong relationships. Ability to write and format moderately complex correspondence
- Proficiency and demonstrated interest in technology and computer software including Microsoft Office Suite, Sumac or other CRM, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Dependable, with the ability to multi-task and set priorities to deliver against tight deadlines; unanticipated requests from other areas, and changing priorities; workload will fluctuate and flexibility will be required to manage work effectively.
- Strong understanding of Project Management discipline and concepts
- Experience with social media coordination and monitoring
- Experience with event coordination and planning
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and overseeing volunteers, including interviewing
- Experience working with the public and other stakeholders
- Able to work autonomously and adhere to deadlines
- Bilingualism (English/French) is considered an asset
If you feel this position is for you and would like to be a part of our Carefor Marketing, Communications, and Fundraising team, please submit your cover letter and resume through our website.
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please contact us in confidence at HR@Carefor.ca and provide notice in advance if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.