“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: December 24, 2020
Reference No: RCH20-019
Carefor Health & Community Services is in search of a Resident Care Worker at Richmond Care Home, which is a unique retirement residence dedicated to the care of women is living with dementia. Situated in the Village of Richmond, Ontario, we offer a small, home-like, supportive environment for up to 16 residents.
Our residence is just minutes from Kanata, Stittsville, and Barrhaven. It is a quaint and prosperous community within the city limits of Ottawa. We are close to the medical centre, cafés, local restaurants and churches.
Please note that Richmond Care Home is not accessible by public transit.
The Richmond Care Home provides a level of care, compassion, friendship and love that makes this a place like no other.
As a member of Richmond Care Home Team, your goal as a Resident Care worker is to enhance the lives of our residents by providing compassionate care, personal support and recreation in a residential setting.
Every day we create opportunities for seniors to discover new things about themselves, the people around them and the world we live in. As part of our team, the things you do are key to helping us achieve our shared vision of helping seniors live longer, better.
Come join us and help make a difference in the lives of our seniors!
Please check out these videos to get a sense of the values we want to promote.
Life at Richmond Care Home:
Who We Are:
Carefor is Eastern Ontario’s largest home care and community support services not-for-profit with over 1,600 employees. Carefor is unique in the region due to the comprehensive suite of services offered including professional services such as nursing, occupational therapy, social work, in-home physiotherapy and personal support services, as well as community support services such as meal delivery, non-urgent medical transportation, companion sitters, day programs, going home services, and homemaking. Carefor also owns and operates a number of residential care facilities offering retirement, respite, specialized supportive housing, and palliative care hospice services.
Please visit www.carefor.ca and visit the pages for Eastern Counties, Ottawa, and Pembroke-Renfrew County to appreciate the depth and range of Carefor programs and services offered to the Champlain Region.
What You Will Do:
As a Resident Care Worker, you will assist residents of the Home with personal support and homemaking services. You are responsible for assisting residents with activities of daily living, including personal, physical, psychological, social, spiritual, and recreational needs. You will work with other members of the health care team to help residents attain an optimal level of independence and well-being.
You understand the importance and will have demonstrated that you can respect each resident as an individual and will be aware of their needs for self-respect and privacy, and the right to share in decisions about their care. You are the type of person that can organize your workload and respond efficiently and effectively to unexpected situations.
Part-time schedules include working every other weekend.
What We Are Looking For:
In our fast-paced, responsive, and caring environment, we are looking for a self-starter who has the experience and ability to jump in on day one with energy and passion. As the ideal candidate, you will
- Have a high school diploma or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills (Fluent English oral skills are essential).
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and dealing with others in a team environment in an effective, compassionate and supportive manner
- Thrive in working in a team environment.
- Demonstrate effective problem solving skills.
- Establish and maintain harmonious relationships with residents and families.
- Demonstrate ability to organize workload and to respond efficiently and effectively to unexpected situations.
If you have the following it would be considered an additional asset:
- Personal Support Worker Certificate
- Developmental Service Worker Certificate or Health Care Aide Certificate
- Experience as a Foreign Trained Nurse or Doctor, Paramedic graduate, Nursing student, or related education, or experience providing care to individuals requiring personal support.
- Experience working with clients living with dementia.
- Ability to speak other languages
What We Have to Offer You:
- Carefor offers part-time permanent employees competitive wages.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Stability of knowing work schedules reasonably in advance.
- Work life balance
- PPE and all necessary protective equipment are provided
- Paid onboarding and professional development program, such as Gentle Persuasive Approach, Best Friend’s Approach for Dementia Care, Food Handler certification and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention.
- A collaborative culture that supports making a difference in the lives of our clients
- Senior leadership team that believes in building trust and working together
Please submit your résumé through our website indicating the reference number of this posting (RCH20-019) when applying. Please note that all applications will be acknowledged and those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
We know that fit for a role goes both ways - You may have other questions – so feel free to contact us in advance of applying. The posting will remain active on our website until our search process is complete.
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please contact us in confidence at HR@Carefor.ca and provide notice in advance if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.
Carefor welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Recruiter.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.