“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: November 9, 2020
Reference No: ADM20-014
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
THE OPPORTUNITY – Recruiter
Carefor Health & Community Services is in search of a self-motivated Recruiter who takes pride in owning the end-to-end process of talent acquisition while finding the qualified talents for each position. Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the Recruiter, provides key support for the day-to-day delivery of the Human Resources activities related to recruitment, onboarding, and Employee Engagement with a focus on our Personal Support Workers positions.
As a Brand Ambassador for Carefor, the incumbent requires to provide a high degree of professionalism, discretion, tact and diplomacy while ensuring the full-cycle recruitment process runs smoothly and efficiently, in order to provide a superior candidate experience to all job applicants and new hires.
This also includes coordinating many high-priority deadlines simultaneously, anticipating and solving problems with minimal oversight, and prioritizing when scheduling conflicts arise.
The Recruiter plays a collaborative role with all hiring Managers, Directors and Business Owners to identify current and future recruitment requirements, and establish pipelines for key areas. This includes continuously recognizing opportunities for improving operational efficiency, and procedures accordingly.
In addition, from time to time the Recruiter collaborates with other members of the HR team to support a variety of HR projects and initiatives.
We are currently seeking 2 Recruiters with contracts of approximately six months.
Who We Are:
Carefor is Eastern Ontario’s largest home care and community support services not-for-profit with over 1,600 employees and an annual operating budget in excess of $65M. Carefor is unique in the region due to the comprehensive suite of services offered including professional services such as nursing, occupational therapy, social work, in-home physiotherapy and personal support services, as well as community support services such as meal delivery, non-urgent medical transportation, companion sitters, day programs, going home services, and homemaking. Carefor also owns and operates a number of residential care facilities offering retirement, respite, specialized supportive housing, and palliative care hospice services.
Carefor has a long and rich history of providing home healthcare service(s) dating from 1897 as the first branch of the Victorian Order of Nurses (VON) of Canada. Throughout its history Carefor’s focus has been on providing client-focused care that includes care partners and complimenting care professionals. The compassionate and professional care and service offered by our staff is central to our success. With offices in Ottawa, Pembroke, and Cornwall, Carefor has become a committed and valued part of the wellbeing of the communities we serve.
Carefor maintains a fully accredited status with Accreditation Canada and embodies a strong belief in continuous quality improvement, education, and research. With its mission to meet clients’ health needs for high-quality home care and community support services, Carefor’s values of respect, partnership, responsiveness, innovation and excellence embody a commitment to the highest standards of client-centered service delivery.
Please visit www.carefor.ca and visit the pages for Eastern Counties, Ottawa, and Pembroke-Renfrew County to appreciate the depth and range of Carefor programs and services offered to the Champlain Region.
What You Will Do:
As a Recruiter, you will work closely with your peers on the HR team and with various Business Leaders across the organization to provide recruitment support.
To be successful in this position, you will need to understand the business environment and partner with different stakeholders leveraging your strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to maintain professional and diplomatic relations.
You will work diligently to ensure that all Personal Support Worker recruitment is dealt with efficiently and professionally. Partner with the Talent Acquisition Advisor to ensure options related to candidates’ offered packages, hiring and onboarding processes are running smoothly.
You will also liaise and coordinate activities with external service providers, including employment agencies, social media platforms, associations, and educational institutions.
In your efforts to ensure continuously finding qualified talents, you will anticipate and identify emerging recruitment needs and challenges that affect the business and then develop and implement necessary changes, while providing advice to hiring managers and supervisors in line with relevant collective agreements or employment standards.
You will represent Carefor as a Brand Ambassador at career fairs, networking events, and other events and will liaise with VON Canada and Marketing Department to ensure all required material for the job fairs is updated and available.
What We Are Looking For:
In our fast-paced, responsive, and caring environment, we are looking for a self-starter who has the experience and ability to jump in on day one with energy and enthusiasm to advance best practices. There is always a list of priorities and you enjoy supporting a team to accomplish great things. You are unwavering as you will be working in an environment undergoing transformation and are open to exploring new ideas as a team and then contributing to the successful implementation of those ideas.
As the ideal candidate, you will have at least 2 years of experience in a high volume recruiting function and Human Resources administration and processes. Experience hiring Personal Support Workers will be highly regarded.
You have completed a university degree specializing in Business or Human Resources management. Candidates with a combination of relevant post-secondary education and experience will also be considered. Carefor is a multi-bargaining unit environment so having experience operating in a labor relations environment would be strongly desired.
The following items describe important experience and competency areas you have demonstrated in your current or previous roles in order to be successful in this role:
● Knowledge of recruitment trends and best practices, including LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, and various HRMS platforms.
· Your communication skills are highly developed, both verbal and written and you are able to deliver information in a variety of settings.
· You are known for your interpersonal skills, which enable you to build strong relationships and partnerships with the business leaders, understand the business objectives and deliver appropriate, timely and high-quality HR solutions.
If you have the following it would be considered an additional asset:
· Ability to converse in both official languages (English/French)
· Experience in health care and not-for-profit sectors
· Experience with QuadrantHR or other HRMS or ATS systems.
· Experience in business transformation and change management
What Success Looks Like:
● You have lead successful execution of end-to-end recruitment cycles in the past, including the development of advertising and assessment materials, screening applicants, scheduling and conducting interviews, obtaining references, and coordinating orientation program.
● You have supported the development of various assessment materials (competency based interview guides and other assessment tools).
● You kept engagement and communication with candidates throughout the recruiting process regarding their application status (i.e. next steps, timelines, etc.)
● You have a proactive approach in supporting the research and identification of new opportunities to target not only active but also passive candidates.
● You have collaborated with various team members to support HR processes related to the recruitment function, including hiring, onboarding, off-boarding, and employer branding.
● Change doesn’t scare you, you propose new approaches, programs, policies and procedures to continually improve recruitment practices in support of Carefor’s quality of service and operational plan achievement.
● You have excellent organizational and time management skills that help you provide effective project and administrative support to the HR team, including generating new hire reports, and maintaining hiring records logs updated.
What We Have to Offer You:
· Competitive base salary
· In lieu payment for Health and dental benefits
· In lieu payment for vacation days
· Flexible schedule and work arrangements
· Work life balance
· Employee assistance program
· A collaborative team culture that supports making a difference in the lives of our clients
Please take the time to tell us about yourself in a cover letter – we want to hear your story – your background, your HR related accomplishments, and why this role is a good fit for you at this time.
Please submit your cover letter and résumé in confidence through our website by November xxx, 2020. Please note that all applications will be acknowledged. Those selected for an interview will be contacted directly. Compensation will be market competitive and will be dependent on your qualifications and experience. We know that fit for a role goes both ways and you may have other questions – so feel free to contact us in advance of applying. The posting will remain active on our website until our search process is complete.
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please contact us in confidence at HR@Carefor.ca and provide notice in advance if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.
Carefor welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Recruiter.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.