“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: October 20, 2020
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
Carefor Health & Community Services is currently searching for a Casual Personal Support Worker (PSW) to service our clients in the Rockland area. You will be making a difference in the lives of your clients each day by providing support and comfort to them in a retirement residence setting. You will provide personal care, delegated exercise programs and activities of daily living (ADLs) as prescribed by each client’s individual care plan while collaborating with all members of the health care team to meet the needs of individuals to attain their optimal level of independence and well-being.
Who we are:
Carefor is Eastern Ontario’s largest home care and community support services not-for-profit with over 1,600 employees and an annual operating budget in excess of $65M. Carefor is unique in the region due to the comprehensive suite of services offered including professional services such as nursing, occupational therapy, social work, in-home physiotherapy and personal support services, as well as community support services such as meal delivery, non-urgent medical transportation, companion sitters, day programs, going home services, and homemaking. Carefor also owns and operates a number of residential care facilities offering retirement, respite, specialized supportive housing, and palliative care hospice services.
Please visit www.carefor.ca and visit the pages for Eastern Counties, Ottawa, and Pembroke-Renfrew County to appreciate the depth and range of Carefor programs and services offered to the Champlain Region.
What you will do:
The Personal Support Worker is a critical role within our communities as it positively affects the lives of clients and ignites the warmth of human connection. To provide optimal service to our clients as a Casual Personal Support Worker, we require that you are capable of making a commitment of at least 15 hours/week, be flexible to accommodate day shifts from 7:00am-3:00pm or evening shifts from 3:00pm-11:00pm and commit to shifts every second weekend (both Saturday and Sunday). To support planning, we offer you a schedule 2 weeks in advance.
As a Personal Support Worker, you will make an impact on the lives of clients in our communities in the following ways:
· Assist in the activities of daily living including eating, dressing, transferring, toileting, grooming, and bathing
· Assist with oral and dental care
· Provide cognitive, social and compassionate support
· Document reports for clients on their plan of care and any changes in behavior of daily routines
What we have to offer you:
· Competitive wages (which include the new Provincial government $3/hr wage enhancement)
· Paid continuing education, training and professional development
· Paid orientation and preceptorship
· Education bursaries
· Supportive Work Environment
What we are looking for:
· Certificate in Home Support Worker (Level II, III), Personal Support Worker or Developmental Service Worker program, Health Care Aide, Foreign Trained BScN or Doctor, Paramedic Graduate, BScN Nursing Student, or second year RPN student.
· National Academy of Careers Colleges Certificate, if applicable
· Your ability to manage confidential information
· Your ability to work independently
· Your ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal
· You can provide a Vulnerable Sector check (obtained within previous six months)
· You are comfortable working in various social and economic environments
· You can provide up to date immunizations for diphtheria, tetanus, polio, rubella and hepatitis
· You can provide a Negative tuberculosis test
· You are comfortable using a smart phone to communicate with clients and Carefor office staff by phone and email
· You are comfortable using a smart phone for screening and security applications (apps)
· Experience with Palliative Care is considered an asset
If you feel this position is for you and would like to be a part of our Carefor Personal Support Worker Team, please submit your resume along with any questions you may have via e-mail to Jobs@Carefor.ca
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please contact us in confidence at HR@Carefor.ca and provide notice in advance if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.
Carefor welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Recruiter.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.