“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: October 18, 2020
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
Social workers are responsible for addressing the social determinants of health (SDH) of individuals and their families in the community-as these factors often have a significant impact on health status and health outcomes. Social workers are skilled facilitators who can assist clients and families to resolve challenges related to changing health care status. They have the training and skills to provide therapeutic counselling to address mental health needs and coping ability of clients, caregivers and families. As well they are experts in system navigation, advocacy, and promoting informed decision-making.
Assess, intervene, consult and counsel clients and their families in the community
· Adjustment to illness/disability
· Ability to cope & manage care needs – including caregiver burden
· Ability to access need resources
· Future care needs
· Palliative care options and End of Life issues
· Intergenerational family conflict
· Abuse/neglect situations
· Psychosocial issues and social isolation
· Housing, Income options, Finances and Resources
Develop a care plan with the client and family based on the assessment
Document and communicate care plan as well as client care activity per college standards
· Implement strategies or interventions to achieve realistic client-centered outcomes
Assist with and complete applications and paperwork for needed resources.
Refer clients to appropriate community resources and programs as well other disciplines as necessary
Master Degree in Social Work
· Registered with the College of Social Work and Social Services of Ontario
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making and analysis
· The ability to work collaboratively with case managers, clients, families and other caregivers to provide service
· Possession of a valid driver’s license, (G2 level) and use of a reliable vehicle
2-5 years’ experience preferred
Experience in community health and/or palliative care
Bilingualism (French/English) required
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please contact us in confidence at HR@CAREFOR.CA and provide notice in advance if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.
Carefor welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Recruiter.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.