“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: October 16, 2020
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
The Physiotherapist is responsible for the assessment, treatment, consultation and counseling to clients and their families in the community by: restoring movement/function and pain management; developing personalized exercise programs to develop/restore range of motion, strength, endurance, flexibility and balance; administering chest and cardiac rehabilitation treatments; administering modalities; and prescribing/training clients to use mobility aids, adaptive devices, transfer aids and other equipment.
Primary Responsibilities include:
· Assess and treat clients with a wide range of acute and chronic conditions
· Test and measure the functioning of the musculoskeletal, neurological, pulmonary and cardiovascular systems.
· Establish a clinical diagnosis and care plan for the treatment of physical problems
· Document and communicate care plan according to established guidelines and standards
· Measure client’s/family’s progress towards goal achievement using objective measures,
· Demonstrate evidence of consultation and negotiation with client/family during delivery of care
· Provide client, family or support personnel with education and training to maximize physical abilities
· Utilize adult learning principals and established teaching materials to educate clients and families
· Identify and utilize appropriate tools and resources to deliver care and manage these responsibly.
· Refer client/family to appropriate levels and type of care and community resources as needed
· Promote client-directed care, self-care and independence
· Registration with the College of Physiotherapy of Ontario
· Excellent time management and organizational skills and able to work independently.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making and analysis
· The ability to work collaboratively with case managers, clients, families and other caregivers to provide service.
· Possession of a valid driver’s license, (G2 level) and use of a reliable vehicle.
· 2-5 years Clinical practice experience preferred
· ADP Authorizer preferred
· Experience in community health an asset
· Bilingualism (French/English) required
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please contact us in confidence and provide notice in advance if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.
Carefor welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Recruiter.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.