“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: March 5, 2021
Reference No: RCH21-001
THE OPPORTUNITY – Registered Practical Nurse – Full Time
Carefor Health & Community Services is in search of a Registered Practical Nurse at Richmond Care Home, a unique retirement residence dedicated to the care of women living with dementia. Richmond Care Home is situated in the Village of Richmond, Ontario, where we offer a small, home-like, supportive environment for up to 16 residents.
Our residence is just minutes from Kanata, Stittsville, and Barrhaven. It is a quaint and prosperous community within the city limits of Ottawa. We are close to the medical center, cafés, local restaurants and churches.
Please note that Richmond Care Home is not accessible by public transit.
The residence is designed to help residents feel as though they are living in a home away from home. The living room, kitchen and dining area are the central hub of the residence with comfortable, familiar décor. Our highly trained staff are encouraged to wear regular clothes instead of scrubs or uniforms, this encourages our residents to feel even more at ease.
The Richmond Care Home provides a level of care, compassion, friendship and love that makes this a place like no other. Every day we create opportunities for seniors to discover new things about themselves, the people around them and the world we live in. As part of our team, the things you do are key to helping us achieve our shared vision of helping seniors live longer, better.
As part of our team, the things you do are key to helping us achieve our shared vision of helping seniors live longer, better.
Come join us and help make a difference in the lives of our seniors!
Please check out these videos to get a sense of the values we want to promote.
Life at Richmond Care Home:
Who We Are:
Carefor is Eastern Ontario’s largest home care and community support services not-for-profit with over 1,600. Carefor is unique in the region due to the comprehensive suite of services offered including professional services such as nursing, occupational therapy, social work, in-home physiotherapy and personal support services, as well as community support services such as meal delivery, non-urgent medical transportation, companion sitters, day programs, going home services, and homemaking. Carefor also owns and operates a number of residential care facilities offering retirement, respite, specialized supportive housing, and palliative care hospice services.
Please visit www.carefor.ca and visit the pages for Eastern Counties, Ottawa, and Pembroke-Renfrew County to appreciate the depth and range of Carefor programs and services offered to the Champlain Region.
What We Are Looking For:
- Registered Practical Nurse
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Observation, assessment, consultation, and health teaching an asset
- Experience working with clients living with dementia an asset
- Demonstrate strong communication skills (Fluent English oral skills are essential).
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and dealing with others in a team environment in an effective, compassionate and supportive manner
- Thrive in working in a team environment.
- Demonstrate effective problem solving skills.
- Establish and maintain harmonious relationships with residents and families.
- Demonstrate ability to organize workload and to respond efficiently and effectively to unexpected situations.
What We Have to Offer You:
- Competitive Compensation package; covering paid holidays, a full benefits package, including company paid medical and dental insurance, and a defined benefit pension plan after two years of employment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Stability of knowing work schedules reasonably in advance
- Work life balance
- Access to PPE and all necessary protective equipment
- Paid onboarding and professional development program, such as Gentle Persuasive Approach, Best Friend’s Approach for Dementia Care, Food Handler certification and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention.
- A collaborative culture that supports making a difference in the lives of our clients
- Senior leadership team that believes in building trust and working together
Please submit your résumé by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that all applications will be acknowledged and those selected for an interview will be contacted directly. We know that fit for a role goes both ways - You may have other questions – so feel free to contact us in advance of applying. The posting will remain active on our website until our search process is complete.
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please contact us in confidence at HR@Carefor.ca and provide notice in advance if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.
If you feel this position is for you and would like to be a part of the Carefor Team, please apply by filling out the form below indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying.
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please let us know if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. You can reach us at HR@Carefor.ca. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.