“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: October 5, 2020
Reference No: ADM20-011
Position(s): Project Manager
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
THE OPPORTUNITY – Project Manager
Carefor Health & Community Services is in search of a seasoned Information Technology Project Manager. We are looking for a Project Manager who has led a number of large ERP system implementations. Ideally, you have been responsible for the full project lifecycle, from project scope development, requirements gathering, implementation, training and roll-out to post go-live support.
The organization has many legacy systems that no longer meet the needs of the organization. Over the next few years, many of these systems will be replaced and integrated where possible. The incumbent will play a key role in this transformation bringing experience in project management, stakeholder management, and assisting the organization in improving its project management methodologies and practices. We have lots to keep you busy, and engaged on a permanent basis.
The position is an independent contributor reporting to the Director, IT within the organization. You will be a key member of the team responsible for prioritizing major projects, and leading them to completion.
Who We Are:
Carefor is Eastern Ontario’s largest home care and community support services not-for-profit with over 1,600 employees and an annual operating budget in excess of $65M. Carefor is unique in the region due to the comprehensive suite of services offered including professional services such as nursing, occupational therapy, social work, in-home physiotherapy and personal support services, as well as community support services such as meal delivery, non-urgent medical transportation, companion sitters, day programs, going home services, and homemaking. Carefor also owns and operates a number of residential care facilities offering retirement, respite, specialized supportive housing, and palliative care hospice services.
Carefor has a long and rich history of providing home healthcare service(s) dating from 1897 as the first branch of the Victorian Order of Nurses (VON) of Canada. Throughout its history Carefor’s focus has been on providing client-focused care that includes care partners and complimenting care professionals. The compassionate and professional care and service offered by our staff is central to our success. With offices in Ottawa, Pembroke, and Cornwall, Carefor has become a committed and valued part of the wellbeing of the communities we serve.
Carefor maintains a fully accredited status with Accreditation Canada and embodies a strong belief in continuous quality improvement, education, and research. With its mission to meet clients’ health needs for high-quality home care and community support services, Carefor’s values of respect, partnership, responsiveness, innovation and excellence embody a commitment to the highest standards of client-centered service delivery.
Please visit www.carefor.ca and visit the pages for Eastern Counties, Ottawa, and Pembroke-Renfrew County to appreciate the depth and range of Carefor programs and services offered to the Champlain Region.
What You Will Do:
As a project manager, you will work closely with your peers in IT and within the business units to identify people, program and support service requirements for a new enterprise customer management system. You will manage multiple complex IM/IT projects, communicate key information to project stakeholders, and ensure relevant project documentation is created and maintained throughout the lifecycle. For success, you will have change management practices top of mind at all times.
You will lead meetings to gather input, requirements, and share status updates. You will ensure that meetings are productive and effective, leveraging advanced communication and presentation skills.
You will mentor and coach other Carefor employees on the discipline of project management, develop templates, and share best practices as they apply to the Carefor way.
Leveraging your project management experience, you will:
· Address any potential bottlenecks and roadblocks
· Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project teams
· Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths
· Prevent cost escalation, and anticipate/make trade-offs to balance the business needs versus all potential constraints
· Keep alignment between all work and the overall strategic goals of the organization
· Truly own the success of such projects, and enable others to do their best work
What We Are Looking For:
In our fast-paced, responsive, and caring environment, we are looking for a self-starter who has the experience and ability to jump in on day one with energy and enthusiasm to advance best practices. You will not be daunted by the various areas we would like you to focus on, as you enjoy the challenge of knowing there is always a list of priorities and you enjoy supporting a team to accomplish great things.
As the ideal candidate, you will have at least 7 years of relevant work experience with significant time (5+ years) spent managing large ERP/CRM implementations. You have completed a university degree specializing in project management, information management, information technology, or a related discipline. You have achieved your PMP designation from PMI or working on accomplishing it. Carefor is a multi-site organization, so experience building rapport with colleagues across the organization will be important.
Your career has progressively given you the opportunity to take on more responsibility, while working on various application implementations, such as ERPs, CRMs, Finance, and HR systems. You have had the opportunity to coach/mentor others along the way, and your former colleagues would work for you again as they respect your work ethic and approach.
The following items describe important experience and competency areas you will have demonstrated in your current or previous roles in order to be successful in this role:
· You are able to lead all aspects of assigned projects and comfortable in the development of project scope and charter, planning, risk identification and mitigation, change management, execution, project status reporting with appropriate metrics, transition to operations and project evaluation.
· You have a knack for building relationships and embrace the different styles that your stakeholders bring to the table so you are able to navigate the varying expectations of project sponsors, key internal and external stakeholders, project team members, vendors and all other key individuals/groups as needed. You’ve had the opportunity to manage multiple vendors, and pride yourself on the ability to manage potential and current vendors.
· You not only use recognized project management methodologies and practices to create business cases and feasibility studies, documenting cost and time estimates, but you share that info to increase the competency and buy-in with your stakeholders.
· You have a calm, commanding presence to facilitate steering committee and project team meetings to drive project decision making and governance, and you’re able to manage multiple projects at the same time, depending on the scope and scale of the projects. You demonstrate a lessons learned approach with your continuous improvement mindset.
· Your communication skills are highly developed, both verbal and written and you are able to deliver information in a variety of settings including executive meetings and presentations. You can translate the “technical speak” to the non-technical team participants. You are familiar with the Total Quality Management approach and/or experience with quality management initiatives and you embrace project management technology.
· You are known for your interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, and leadership skills that highlight how well you work under pressure as you’re working to tight deadlines.
If you have the following it would be considered an additional asset:
· Ability to converse in both official languages (English/French)
· Experience in health care and not-for-profit sectors
· Experience with document management systems and mobile device systems and deployment is an asset
What Success Looks Like:
You have provided input into the long-term Information Technology plan based on your experience and expertise
You have led projects from start to end, staying on budget and meeting timelines
You have kept key stakeholders updated throughout the project, and are able to articulate complex matters in simple terms
You have shared Project Management best practices with others and developed templates and other materials that others can leverage. You are seen as the project management champion within Carefor
You have leveraged technology to track projects and share information
You developed the necessary documentation to ensure a smooth project, such as a project scope, charter, requirements document, risk log, change management and so on
You identified lessons learned after each project and implemented change for the next project with a continuous improvement mindset
You led multiple projects to a successful conclusion
· You facilitated meetings, ensuring the goals of each meeting were well defined upfront, and action items were documented and followed up on
What We Have to Offer You:
· Rewarding pay, benefits, and pension program
· Flexible schedule
· Work life balance
· Onboarding, education, professional training & staff development opportunities
· A collaborative culture that supports making a difference in the lives of our clients
Please take the time to tell us about yourself in a cover letter – we want to hear your story – your background, your IT related project accomplishments, and why this role is a good fit for you at this time.
Please submit your cover letter and résumé in confidence through our website. Please note that all applications will be acknowledged but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Compensation will be market competitive and will be dependent on your qualifications and experience. We know that fit for a role goes both ways - You may have other questions – so feel free to contact us in advance of applying. The posting will remain active on our website until our search process is complete.
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please contact us in confidence at HR@Carefor.ca and provide notice in advance if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.
Carefor welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Recruiter.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.