“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: August 11, 2020
Reference No: A20-007
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
The Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) Program Manager is the lead resource for all of Carefor’s IPAC activities. Working closely with Program Directors and Managers, the IPAC Program Manager develops, implements, monitors and evaluates Carefor’s IPAC program to ensure best practices are followed, and to promote client and employee safety.The IPAC Program Manager will promote and support an IPAC culture at Carefor. The IPAC Program Manager will operate in a variety of settings, including home and community care, clinic, community support services, and congregate care settings such as residential facilities and hospices.
- Develop, implement, monitor, evaluate and report on Carefor’s IPAC Program
- Develop, track and report on IPAC metrics, and use data to inform improvements to the IPAC Program
- Develop prevention strategies to minimize the occurrence of IPAC related events
- Operate as Carefor’s expert IPAC resource, providing advice, guidance and education to Program Directors, Management and staff
- Collaborate with the Occupational Health and Safety leaders and the Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committees to promote IPAC best practices
- Conduct audits and assessments of Carefor’s IPAC practices
- Ensure adherence to Accreditation Canada IPAC requirements
- Oversee Carefor’s annual influenza vaccination campaign
- Support Program Directors in liaising with Public Health departments
- Develop IPAC education programs
- Promote and support an IPAC culture throughout the organization
- Collaborate with Carefor’s Educator as a resource for training, promotion and implementation of IPAC policies and procedures.
- Travel by car to various Carefor locations is required
- May be required to attend on site during outbreaks
- Regulated Health Professional in good standing
- Several years of experience as an IPAC professional, with demonstrated IPAC skills and knowledge
- Experience in home and community care, clinic, congregate care, hospice or community support settings is an asset
- Certificate in Infection Control (CIC)
- Excellent collaboration and consultation skills
- Excellent program management skills
- Knowledgeable of adult learning techniques and practices
Carefor welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Recruiter.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.