“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: July 14, 2020
Reference No: 1596
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
The Foot Care Nurse with Advanced Foot Care training and certification is responsible for providing a wide range of foot care services, either in the clients residence or in a clinic setting. The Foot Care nurse will use a General & Diabetic Foot Assessment Tool, which follows the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario Best Practice Guildeline “Reducing Foot Complications for People with Diabetes”, on all new Foot Care admission clients to Carefor.
- Currently registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Certification in advanced foot care required
- Experience in foot care clinics required
- Previous community experience will be considered an asset
- Ability to create a client visit schedule
- Ability to organize work and implement a plan of care
- Possession of a valid driver’s license (G2 level)
- Use of a reliable vehicle that is insured for business use
- Functional knowledge of IT devices, i.e. laptop, tablet, cellphones
- Bilingualism (French/English) considered an asset
Carefor welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Recruiter.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.