“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: June 24, 2020
Reference No: P20-010
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
As a Part-time Personal Support worker, you will provide personal support and homemaking services to individuals and families in their home, such as light housekeeping, laundry and light meal preparation. You will be guaranteed a minimum of twenty five (25) hours per week, but you are permitted to work up to 88 hours in a two week pay period.
What we offer:
· Up to $19.00/hr (for direct client care) plus premiums for weekend and evening shifts, a percentage per hour in-lieu of benefits, $4.00 per hour pandemic pay
· Paid travel time
· Pension (after two years of continuous service)
· Paid continuing education, training and professional development
· Paid orientation and preceptorship
· Education bursaries
· Supportive work environment
- PSW/DSW/HCA Foreign Trained Nurse, Student Nurse, Paramedic
- Vulnerable Sector Check (within previous six months)
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal
- Comfortable working in various social and economic environments
- Ability to work independently
- Valid driver’s licence and full access to a vehicle required
- Must be able to provide service during the day and evening hours
- Availability to work every second weekend (Saturday and Sunday)
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible in accepting a variety of assignments
- Enhanced Palliative Care certificate is an asset
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification
Carefor welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Recruiter.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.